• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help on how to make a third party claim after a car crashed into my house please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on how to make a third party claim after a car crashed into my house please.

I am a tenant in a house that I rent and have been since 2012.
    10 days before Xmas a man collapse in his car and crashed into our house at 4am. Thank god he walked away without a scratch!
    Me and my husband have been through hell and back with the landlord and his insurance company RSA... we were made to find our own alternative accommodation as we have 2 indoor cats.
    long story short it's took over 10 months and it's still not finished as still waiting for the front door to arrive.
    we've had to pay extra gas bills as its been freezing in there especiallylast winter as we were in there still till the following August, when we did find AA there were no washing machine or cooker in there so had to pay for take aways every evening, it was further to travel for work! My cats were distressed and were ill I had to pay for medication for them etc.
    I had to pay for removal van and me and my husband moved what we needed.
    I could go on all night with the hell weve been through but wont so all in all its been awful and no one will help us with a third party claim as we dont have any legal expenses cover anyware, so we have got a solicitor who we cannot afford and now we already owe £576 and hes only read a few emails! I need help... please ASAP Thank you in advance.
    Tags: None

do you have the name and address of the driver?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Do you know the circumstances regarding the driver's collapse?
      If it was sudden and unexpected you may not be successful in any claim against him.
      If his insurers dispute your claim, you will need to show he was negligent.
      Obviously if the attack was sudden and unexpected, the driver was not negligent.
      However if he has a recent history of being unwell, it might have been negligent of him to get behind the wheel.

Perhaps you can find a solicitor who will represent you on a no win no fee basis (conditional fee arrangement)

Comment

Hi yes i have his name and address, and yes he is diabetic his blood sugers were almost zero when the ambulance tested him.

Comment

With whom has your solicitor been communicating and how far has he gone with your claim?

But , if I was in your position, I would be considering either:
          1) writing to him and explaining that his action has caused you loss because
          you believe he was negligent in driving whilst not maintaining his blood sugar levels.
          Tell him you will quantify your losses in due course, but in the meantime recommend he passes your letter to his motor insurers.

OR, if the idea of going it alone daunts you and you have no funds to pay for professional advice

2) look for a "no win no fee" company

Comment

Thank you so much for your advice.
            I will take a look at doing so.
            Thanks sam x

Comment

Hi des8

I'm having trouble finding a no win no fee solicitor as they all seem to think as it was a car accident and I want to claim personal injury, can't seem to find one that can help with my circumstances?? Do you know of anyone you could recommend to me please that can help me with a third party claim? Thanks in advance xx

Comment

What personal injury did you suffer?

Comment

I didn't get any personal injury I just need help as for the last 11 months me my husband and 2 cats have been through hell and we've been put out so much having to pay extra gas bills because of the hole that was in the side of the house, landlord told us to stop paying the rent when it happened so we did now he wants it as I guess his insurance didn't pay him out what he expected... his insurance company won't pay our extra gas money or 5he 7 months rent also we had to find our own alternative accommodation as he or the insurance company wouldn't it was 10 days away from Christmas we have 2 indoor cats so couldn't put them in cattery... I could go on all night
                  the A Accommodation had no cooker or washing machine we've paid a fortune out on takeaways for 2 months had to go back n fourth to do the laundry...I just think we should be intended to some financial help someware... we took on a solicitor we've paid £600 for him to tell me we won't get our legal fees back! Please please help me before I slash my wrists... now it looks like the landlord is going to put the rent up even more and we won't have anyware to live soon... on the verge of giving up x

Comment

If you have not suffered personal injury, you cannot claim for it.

All you can claim for is the extra costs you have been put to by reason of the incident, ie it is a third party claim following a car accident.

I regreti cannot recommend any particular firm of solicitors, but you could possibly look here: https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/
                    or try our sister site "Just Beagle" (see link on left of this page)

Other than that follow the advice in post 5 and DIY

Comment

Thank you des8

I didn't want to claim personal injuries, just the only no win no fee ones were only personal injuries! Thats why i was struggling to find the right solicitor.
                      thank you so much for your help I will try what you have suggested thanks again x

Comment

Probable reason for difficulty in finding CFA solicitor is the amount you will be claming.
                        Solicitors can only take 25% (I think) of any award if working No win No Fee, and this will probably not be sufficient to cover their costs.

Work out how much you will be claiming before approaching any more firms.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X