• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Accident

Hiya, I was just wondering what the legality of something is. So if someone was in a car accident and hired a car from a relative so ended up taking out new insurance and paying for the hire of a car but it’s from a relative, could this still go down on the claim? It’s still a hire of a vehicle but idk what the technicality of it all is.
    Tags: None

Too many unknowns to be able to advise1

who caused the accident?
    Is the claim against the third party or against the hirer's own insurers?
    If the latter, what is the policy wording?

Comment

Could what go down on the claim?

Please explain the facts and the question simply and clearly.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

I think Lissy borrowed/loaned a car from Dad/Brother ?, and paid insurance to have cover involved in an accident, how would she stand, I hope I got that right ?

Comment

Who caused the accident, Lissy or the other party?

Is she claiming against her own insurer or against the third party?

Comment

• This topic by MarionRose has been deleted by EXC

you should speak to a local firm that could help you better

I guess phone the/your insurance company, no point in guessing what action they will take.

Comment

Most insurance policies prohibit use for hire or reward...

Comment

The problem with hiring from a friend is that it wouldn't be at a 'commercial rate', there is no way for the insurance company to check the rates, it could be an unreasonable rate, say, just as an example £5,000 a day.

Comment

Hiring from a friend is just asking for probems. If you know the defendant will pay the cost of a car hire, just do it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X