• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New tv damaged by courier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tv damaged by courier

-Bought a tv for my parents.
    -Couldn’t get up to give it to them so visited Shiply and organised a courier
    -Paid £70 to a listing called “simply the best” who then got me in touch with Proovia
    -Proovia made me tick a box with their terms and conditions stating 10k of goods insured for £250 excess
    -collected on the 9th to be delivered on the 14th. Pushed back to the 18th (today because of weather). When contacting them to complain about this they apologised for the damage. Thought it was mixed wires.
    - just arrived at my parents with side of box ripped open and tv damaged. Text from dad: Driver explained why the box was damaged. I have written on his sheet that the delivery team opened the top of the box because it was standing in water.”
    -waiting on response from their claims team. Worried they are going to stand by the excess which is 1/3 of the cost of the item they’ve damaged.

is there room to argue unfair ts and cs considering what has happened?

Tags: None

Comment

They already stated that "the box because it was standing in water.", so it's clear that it was their fault. Use this as an argument. Good luck, and keep us updated

Comment

I think you may have a problem, (Just or should I say brought virtually the same set, just before Christmas, (NO COURIER WILL TAKE ON AS SO MANY ARE DAMAGED) our one is still at Southport, it will stay there until this virus problem is over, I was warned no transport on TVs.

Comment

Can i ask, was delivery part of the contract?
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Shiply are a company that arrange transport by contracting other actual transport companies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentles View Post
              -Bought a tv for my parents.
              -Couldn’t get up to give it to them so visited Shiply and organised a courier
              -Paid £70 to a listing called “simply the best” who then got me in touch with Proovia
              -Proovia made me tick a box with their terms and conditions stating 10k of goods insured for £250 excess
              -collected on the 9th to be delivered on the 14th. Pushed back to the 18th (today because of weather). When contacting them to complain about this they apologised for the damage. Thought it was mixed wires.
              - just arrived at my parents with side of box ripped open and tv damaged. Text from dad: Driver explained why the box was damaged. I have written on his sheet that the delivery team opened the top of the box because it was standing in water.”
              -waiting on response from their claims team. Worried they are going to stand by the excess which is 1/3 of the cost of the item they’ve damaged.

is there room to argue unfair ts and cs considering what has happened?
              Hi Bentles,

Did you manage to get any compensation from Proovia? They damaged my items too, and find them difficult to deal with. All via email.

Comment

Hi MATRIXX

Start your own thread.

Comment

Hm I have a family at Southport, a similar saga, your TV set I guess cost around £700 plus, we also had to get the same TV brought down to us because of the Virus, we bought it at Christmas, it stayed there at Southport for nearly six months, that was when the quarantine was relaxed, our Nephew then came on a visit carried TV set with him, and he pointed out NO COURIER will take on a TV simply because of the claims record, they made a contract and defaulted, next move is a letter stating you will make a County Court Claim unless this is resolved

Comment

Write a claim to custom support or post on custom forum to solve the problem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X