• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N260 advise please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N260 advise please

Hello legal beagles,
    as a litigant in person I have found valuable advice on this site so thank you to all contributors.
    I am now trying to complete an N260 statement of costs and I would appreciate some guidance as I have never completed one before.
    I am not sure what should go in the first section of the N260 which is, the attendances on party?
    Attendances on opponents is self explanatory but I can't understand what attendances to party relates to?
    What confuses me is that I am the party so I can't work out how I could email myself or make phone calls to myself etc.
    I have obviously misunderstood something,
    Would someone be willing to explain please?
    Thank you, Sarah
    Tags: None

The N260 form is for use by solicitors etc.

This was a county court case? small claim or Fast track?

This link (if not already consulted) may help https://www.moneyclaimsuk.co.uk/liti...-expenses.aspx

Comment

Thank you for your reply and link Des8 and yes this case is in the county court small claims track . I am unable to afford legal advice so have had to become litigant in person.
      I have read that a costs statement needs to be sent to the court and to the opponent so that's why I am doing an N260 because I want to claim my costs for preparing my documents etc.
      Any advice or links on how to fill out the N260 section relating to attendances on opponents would be gratefully received.
      ​​​​​

Comment

Legal costs in the Small Claims track are very limited (and won't cover "attendances on opponents".) unless the losing party has been guilty of unreasonable behaviour. Unreasonable behaviour is a high bar to prove.

Basically the winning party can only claim:
        • Fixed costs (roughly £80 in most small claims – not enough to cover lawyers’ fees)
        • Reimbursements for certain disbursements such as:
          • The issue fee (this depends on the amount claimed)
          • The hearing fee
          • The expert’s fee (up to £750)
        • Miscellaneous costs for attending a hearing
        • Loss of earnings for a witness or party (up to £95)
        • Travel expenses (second class train fare)

Comment

Could you kindly tell me what attendances on opponents means?
          This is the part that confuses me

Comment

contact with the other party or its representatives. Phone calls, meetings etc.

But des8 is right.
            Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X