• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Court Hearing via Microsoft Teams?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Hearing via Microsoft Teams?

Oh dear! I am the defendant in an upcoming court case and because I am shielding the hearing is now to be conducted via Microsoft Teams. What on earth is this?

I have just received a copy of an order that is instructing the Claimant in this process with a long list of what he must do and I have absolutely no idea what it is. At this point I cannot see my involvement.

Do I have to do anything? Set up anything. Can anyone explain the process to me please as non of it makes any sense to me. Bearing in mind I am not at all computer literate other than email, shopping and web browsing. The word Microsoft is a worry as I only have Mac.

I grew up in the 1940,s just after the war and a computer then was an abacus.

Thanks if anyone can help.
    Tags: None

I don't know anything about the process but to use Teams you have to first download it from the internet (free, find via google) then on the day and time of the meeting click on the link you are given

Comment

Instructions to install teams on a Mac here:-

See also : install Teams for Windows Requirements : having Mac OS X El Capitan or newer Get to the Microsoft website through the following link: : ...

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post
        Instructions to install teams on a Mac here:-
        Thank you for the information. Not sure I want to download a Microsoft app onto my computer though.

My problem is also that all the instructions are for the Claimant in regard to documents etc., I have not been asked to contribute anything. Thank goodness I don't have to comply with the list of instructions as I do not understand any of them.

And it does say that the judge may not have access to any of the documents that have been submitted so how on earth can they assess the claim?

Best part so far is that I have already won my counterclaim as the claimant did not respond to it although he has a solicitor acting for him.

Comment

Should also have said I only have a Mac mini. No speakers or camera. I won't be able to hear, see or speak. How do I get around this?

Comment

Inform the court

Comment

Just for the record

You do not need to download teams in order to use it. It can be used with a browser such as chrome. You can also use it on a smart phone or tablet.

It is fine to use on a Mac. I have a MacBook, iPhone and iPad and have used it on all three

Comment

Thank you Matty - your knowledge is greater than mine!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X