• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PCN CCJ letter but I wasn’t the driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCN CCJ letter but I wasn’t the driver

I have received a CCJ letter regarding a PCN that I had ignored as I wasn’t the driver at the time. As they have named me as the defendant can I use this as grounds to dismiss the claim? My brother had borrowed my car and he lives abroad.

Thanks for any help!

Darrenp27
    Tags: None

Ignore has not been the advice for some time. If you had named your brother at the time that would have been the end of it.

They are claiming from you as the keeper of the car under Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which allows them to transfer liability form the unknow driver to the keeper.

So you have received a claim form from Northampton Court ?? Or you have a CCJ against you. Please be clear.

Comment

I have received a claim form from the court which I have sent the acknowledgment of service and also messaged Civil Enforcement Ltd for all the information they have on me and for the original PCN notice sent to me.

Comment

Hello Ostell,

I still have not received the documents from Civil Enforcement Ltd.

Are they legally bound to send me the information within 7 days?

Thanks for any help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X