• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court business letter for private land PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County court business letter for private land PCN

Hi,

I have recently received a letter from the county court business centre in regards to a supposed PCN I received back in 2021. I have no recollection of being the driver at the time the PCN was issued. I have received no evidence of myself being the driver at the time of the issue of the PCN either.

is there anything I can do to get rid of this please? I am currently looking to potentially buy a property with my partner, so a CCJ would be the worst possible thing to happen to me now and I don’t particularly want to pay such a high amount that I don’t feel I owe.

The claim letter states its BW Legal acting on behalf of Premier parking solutions.

Thanks in advance for any help and kind regards.
    Tags: None

I received the supposed, original PCN IN 2016, not 2021. Sorry.

Comment

You can only get a CCJ recorded against you IF you lose in court and IF you don't pay within a month.

Acknowledge the claim on day 5 after issue using the details and password on the form. Nothing in the defence. This gives you 33 days from date of issue to get your defence to the court.

CPR 31.14 request to BWI requesting copies of the PCNs, copies of the signs that created the alleged contract taken at the time of the alleged breach, contract that gives Premier the authority to operate, make charges and take legal action.

SAR to Premier park to get all the documents they hold about you and the car

Comment

CPR 31.14 Request

Comment

thank you for your response. i am filling out the CPR 31.14 Request. On the claim for from the court the particulars of claim are as follow:

"The claim is for the sum of £134.56 being due from the defendant in respect of a parking charge notice (PCN) for a contractual breach which occurred on 17/06/2016 in the private car park/land at Anthenaeum Plymouth Plymouth in relation to a VW Golf regestration mark *******. The PCN was issued as the driver failed to comply with the terms and conditions, as displayed. Despite demands, the charge still remains unpaid. The claim also includes Statutory Interest pursuant to section 69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum (a daily rate of £0.02) from 17/05/2016 to 07/02/2021 being an amount of £34.56. The claimant also claims £60 recovery costs as set out in the Terms and Conditions and the ATA AoS Code of Practice."

Which documents am I requesting in the CPR please?
          Also how do I enclose the £1 Statutory fee? would a simple pound coin suffice?
          Please pardon my ignorance, I am not at all clued up on this subject!!

TIA
          Jamie.

Comment

You are asking for the PCN and photos of the signs that allegedly created the contract. You could be cheeky a d ask for the contract that allows their client to charge and take legal proceedings

no need for £1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X