• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court claim form received from Arrow Global re debt to egg from 2003!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County Court claim form received from Arrow Global re debt to egg from 2003!

***Update 4-10-17 ***

Hi

I received a letter today from Arrow Global details below.

Dear ## ####
    Arrow Global Limited Account: ##/########
    ASSIGNED BY Cyclone Asset Management Limited (ACCOUNT NUMBER ########)

Thank you for contacting Arrow Global. We acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are
    willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. we will now process your request for
    documentation from the original creditor and will revert in due course.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.
    Please note that this does not include any court proceedings issued against you which will continue to follow the timeframe set out by the court.

We hereby return your £1.00 (This was the postal order I sent them in the CCA request letter)

So I've got about 9 days to prepare my defence so doubtful that I'll receive anything from them in that time.

Please can you advise what the best plan of action will be?

I look forward to hearing from anyone soon

- - - Updated - - -

***Update 4-10-17 ***

Hi

Dear ## ####

Thank you for contacting Arrow Global. We acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are
    willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. we will now process your request for
    documentation from the original creditor and will revert in due course.

We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents.
    Please note that this does not include any court proceedings issued against you which will continue to follow the timeframe set out by the court.

We hereby return your £1.00 (This was the postal order I sent them in the CCA request letter)

So I've got about 9 days to prepare my defence so doubtful that I'll receive anything from them in that time.

Please can you advise what the best plan of action will be?

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Comment

Re: County Court claim form received from Arrow Global re debt to egg from 2003!

Hi

Anybody have any info as the deadline for defence is this friday
      13 October?

I hope to hear something soon so I can
      prepare my defence as I’ve not heard anything back
      from Arrow/Restons proving that I actually owe this debt

Thanks!

Comment

Example Defence start working on your defence stating dates asked for proof etc adjust as the week goes on if any change, submit via MCOL before 4 pm Friday, not too soon as you will give them time to trash your defence just stiick to facts , more thorough witness statement at later date if it goes that far?>

Comment

Thanks MIKE770!

I’ll start preparing this today and adjust as the week
          goes on.

westyorkshire2017

Comment

[MENTION=61310]diana[/MENTION]M

Comment

Originally posted by westyorkshire2017 View Post

Dear ## ####
              So it wasn't assigned to Arrow by Egg as per the skilfully worded POC.

It was assigned to Cyclone Asset Management Ltd (according to that recent letter) which was dissolved in 2014.

You will be arguing legal assignment issues in court.

This is a £22k claim so Restons solicitors will not give up without a fight especially when dealing with a LIP.

Have you asked any Part 18 Questions yet?

What did you ask them to disclose in your CPR 31.14 Request?

Di

Comment

Interesting! I’m intrigued to see if I hear anything back from them both regarding documentation as with the age of the debt I personally dont
                think they’ll have anything but let’s see.

Restons came back to me in writing last Friday and said they have requested documentation from their client and would revert in due course.

The court claim letter was dated 15/9 and I received it on 20/9 so would my 28 days be up this Friday?

Can I put my defence as I’ve no knowledge of the alleged debt until I see something from them in writing first?

Especially as the debt was allegedly in my old address that I haven’t lived there for over 3 years and they were so vague in the POC with the date of the debt?

Comment

18th October in by 4 pm

no knowledge -- you would be in line for a beating in court before you start

start your defence stating you requested CCA etc etc etc, and update up till submission on the day due or the day before = stops them trashing your basic defence, more involved Witness statement further down the line in any court case, for now stick to the items mentioned on the court pOC
                  - - - Updat

Comment

This is a serious amount of money on the claim. In the fast track the winner has to pay the losers costs so you can often get a no win no fee arrangement. I know Di's firm do this sort of thing but so do others.

One thing to remember is that some solicitors also charge extra fees if you win while others don't.

Comment

Originally posted by westyorkshire2017 View Post
                      Interesting! I’m intrigued to see if I hear anything back from them both regarding documentation as with the age of the debt I personally dont
                      think they’ll have anything but let’s see.

.. . . and they were so vague in the POC with the date of the debt?
                      Have you read my post #4 which included a link to the CPRs for Fast Track claims which last 30 weeks after allocation (so up to almost a year from the claim issue date)?

There's plenty of time for the Claimant to get their house in order. Documents can be reconstituted.

It's not a question of "interesting" or "intriguing" it's a case of facing the fact that you are attempting to defend a £22k claim against you. As has been said if you lose you face paying he Claimant's legal costs which could double that sum.

POC can sometimes be amended.

Did you send Egg (Canad Square Operations) a SAR as I suggested?

Di
                      Last edited by Diana M; 8th October 2017, 21:30:PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        your defence stating you requested CCA etc etc etc, and update up till submission on the day due or the day before = stops them trashing your basic defence, more involved Witness statement further down the line in any court case, for now stick to the items mentioned on the court pOC
                        In the Fast Track the Claimant would have the opportunity to file 'Replies to the Defence' which is an opportunity for them to "trash" (as you put it) the OP's Defence.

And then there would be a Case Management Conference/Hearing and a Costs Hearing and Full Disclosure and so and so on before any Witness Statement.

I (my firm) wouldn't just stick to items mentions in the POC we would go after them with Part 18 Questions.

Litigation is not a one size fits all procedure based on templates. It's bespoke. It's customised.

This is what lies ahead for the OP > https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pr...rt28/pd_part28

Di

Comment

Time to decide if you go it alone or seek assistance from firms like Di"s there are a few in the area of solicitors via this site, very careful as deep area if handled wrongly??

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Ill see what comes back from CCA/CPR/SAR and get indepent legal advice on this.

Thanks again for all your help on this

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X