• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Environmental Protection Act

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environmental Protection Act

I've been advised to take action under Section 82 of The Environmental Protection Act to do something about the noise from my nuisance neighbours. As most of the neighbours are scared of these people and might back them up, would I be liable for costs if I lose? Many thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Environmental Protection Act

Why would you want to take action yourself, when it is Local Authority should be investigating? Has complaint been made to LA?
    Sec 79 of the Act " it shall be the duty of every local authority to cause its area to be inspected from time to time to detect any statutory nuisances which ought to be dealt with under section 80 below [F7or sections 80 and 80A below] and, where a complaint of a statutory nuisance is made to it by a person living within its area, to take such steps as are reasonably practicable to investigate the complaint. "

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll mention that to the council but we've complained to the LA at least six times over the years but everytime they send them a warning letter the perps clam up for exactly 30 days then off it goes again. They set up recording equipment on one occasion they didn't keep quiet during the 30 days and they farmed their dogs out to their friends over the back field about a mile away, and we could still hear the mutts barking from that distance.

All I have as evidence are my own audio recordings and them howling at the dogs to keep them barking all day and night. I even tried the police as surely this should be harassment but no luck.

Many thanks

Comment

If you think the council have not pursued the matter you could complain to LGO (http://www.lgo.org.uk/make-a-complai...noise-nuisance)
        but you will need to follow your council's complaints procedure.
        Have you tried to enlist the help of your local councillor?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X