• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hoist Barclay card sold debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoist Barclay card sold debt

Hi,

i received a Letter from Hoist in August 2017 regarding a barclaycard debt that has been sold to them. The barclaycard debt was sold to Barclaycard by another credit card company and to that credit card company from another credit card company before them. The credit card was initially taken out in 2005 with the first lender who no longer operates as a credit card company.

i got into trouble with debt in 2008 when I got made redundant and had made intermittent payments but stopped totally in 2014. The default was registered in 2014 but I believe I initially should have had a default recorded in 2008.

i sent a cca request to hoist in August and have still not heard back. What shall I do??

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Hoist Barclay card sold debt

Originally posted by Rosahelp2009 View Post
    i received a Letter from Hoist in August 2017 regarding a barclaycard debt that has been sold to them. The barclaycard debt was sold to Barclaycard by another credit card company and to that credit card company from another credit card company before them. The credit card was initially taken out in 2005 with the first lender who no longer operates as a credit card company.

i sent a cca request to hoist in August and have still not heard back. What shall I do
    The answer to your question is wait for Hoist (via Robinson Way I presume) to comply with your s 77-79 CCA Request. If they don't comply within the statutory timeframe the debt becomes unenforceable in court until or unless they do.

Was the original creditor Morgan Stanley Dean Witter or Egg or maybe Monument?

I would also send a Subject Access Request to Barclaycard to get the full history of the account to keep you one step ahead of the game.

Di

Comment

Thanks so much for your help

No I think it was Goldfish. But coming to think of it it could have been Morgan Stanley before that did Goldfish buy them?? The middle creditor could have been Morgan Stanley/goldfish

why??

Comment

Originally posted by Rosahelp2009 View Post

why??

Assignment issues

Plus the fact that Hoist are unlicensed.

Di

Comment

Hoist will have to track back through at least 3 credit card companies of data. Will they need the original signed agreement??

i am Sure it was Goldfish and I can see Morgan Stanley aquired them and I believe Barclays aquir d them
          after that. And goldfish wasn't even my original creditor. All in all a bit of a mess!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X