• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hi... advice needed plz x

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi... advice needed plz x

Hi

Thanks for letting me join. I wondered 8f anyone could help.
    I need advice regarding my mortgage and secured loan bank charges. Over 7 years ago I lost a child late in pregnancy and suffered a mental breakdown. It took 4 to 5 years to feel myself again. In this period i took a long period on sick and although I was receiving half pay though my employer I fell behind with my mortgage and secured loans.
    Looking back over the documents now I see I was charged over £3000 in fees for my mortgage and secured loans which I have 3. This is without over £2000 in bank charges for essential bill unpaid DDs.
    I have never tried to reclaim anything I my life but do feel I was severely let down by Halifax. I was in a spiral of debt and could not see a way out due to my mental health. I basically left things until I was going to lose my house when a field agent turned up and sorted a payment plan for me. I have managed to repay the debt but still it leaves a bitter taste.
    The one thing that stands out as wrong is that some months I was charged £35 missed payment fee then £35 for missed contact. Over £2k of the charges were relating to a £187 debt on one secured loan.
    I know I have missed these payments etc and don't expect to be shown compassion by a bank but does anyone think there excessive and do you think I would stand a chance of reclaiming some of these charges.
    I still have all my statements relating to the mortgage and secured loans. When my health improved I did manage to set up a DMP which I am still paying now for my unsecured debt.
    Can anyone give me some advice please? Thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Hi... advice needed plz x

Just giving this a bump for you -I am sure one of the beagles will give you some sound advice when they get a chance
    Px

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Hi... advice needed plz x

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X