• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AST

I rent a property and have agreed a new rent with the landlords agent, after lengthy discussions, ,and now they want me to sign a new AST 6 months and under the heading RENT,it states Rent means monthly rent £xxx or such other rent as shall be substituted therefor following review".which I read as they can increase the rent after 6 months when the AST expires.Or am I just being dumb?
    Tags: None

Re: AST

Hi
    Once your AST is up I believe they can, subject to the correct regulatory compliance, increase your rent

Was there a rent increase when you signed your new contract? [MENTION=87380]Diana M[/MENTION]. Might be able to explain it better than me.

I think i am one of the very lucky ones to have only had two rent increases in 14 years in my flat , even though one was a whopping 25% but if did mean I could stay in my home during a very difficult time.

Comment

Re: AST

thanks for your reply have been in a similar situation to yourself,lived in the same property for 20 years and had just 4 rent increases around the 8% to 10% mark.The Landlord changed agents 6 months ago and soon asked for a 33% rent increase which is ludicrous, managed to get this reduced to 15% but the new AST wording annoyed me, and I wont sign it as I believe they will increase the rent as soon as the AST is up.I will use your link a little later
      Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X