• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old BT debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old BT debt

Hi there
    I wonder if anyone can help, long story but I will try and be short about it! back in 2011 my husband of 23 years had an affair and we separated ( divorced ) 2014 anyway during the separation time he decided to move out and cancel all the Direct debits in his name ie mortage, bt sky etc we have two children and both needing to have the internet for school home work etc...anyway I found out when all the services were disconnected he didn't tell me ..he just uped and moved in with his girldfriend... anyway I had to set up all the bills in my name and pay new connection fees. I worked fulltime and also claimed for child tax credits because money was so tight .....I was also having to live on credit cards to make ends meet. anyway I had managed to keep the bills up to date with BT but then we went to court and he had an occupational order to have me removed from the house thus making me and one of our sons homeless which he did. I didn't have a leg to stand on and moved in to my mothers with one of my sons.... however all the bills being in my name meant that he made sure I suffered badly because he ran up a massive bt bill and ele gas you name it he did it... even had a fight with the council tax people because they said that I still lived there. anyway after having complained to Bt about the bill they said you've been making 0845 calls at 2am in the morning and the bill is in your name you must pay it. anyway that was five/ six years ago and now a DCA are threating me with court over this. I did write to them asking for proof and they said that they don't have to proof with a credit agreement. please help the bill is £194.00 and im not paying it.

Thanks

Stinkydog68
    Last edited by Stinkydog68; 10th August 2017, 15:03:PM. Reason: spelling
    Tags: None

Re: Old BT debt

please could someone help =Stinkydog68;744244]Hi there
    I wonder if anyone can help, long story but I will try and be short about it! back in 2011 my husband of 23 years had an affair and we separated ( divorced ) 2014 anyway during the separation time he decided to move out and cancel all the Direct debits in his name ie mortage, bt sky etc we have two children and both needing to have the internet for school home work etc...anyway I found out when all the services were disconnected he didn't tell me ..he just uped and moved in with his girldfriend... anyway I had to set up all the bills in my name and pay new connection fees. I worked fulltime and also claimed for child tax credits because money was so tight .....I was also having to live on credit cards to make ends meet. anyway I had managed to keep the bills up to date with BT but then we went to court and he had an occupational order to have me removed from the house thus making me and one of our sons homeless which he did. I didn't have a leg to stand on and moved in to my mothers with one of my sons.... however all the bills being in my name meant that he made sure I suffered badly because he ran up a massive bt bill and ele gas you name it he did it... even had a fight with the council tax people because they said that I still lived there. anyway after having complained to Bt about the bill they said you've been making 0845 calls at 2am in the morning and the bill is in your name you must pay it. anyway that was five/ six years ago and now a DCA are threating me with court over this. I did write to them asking for proof and they said that they don't have to proof with a credit agreement. please help the bill is £194.00 and im not paying it.

Thanks

Stinkydog68[/QUOTE]

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X