• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

restons solicitors threatening court action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: restons solicitors threatening court action

What a long letter!

At least somewhere in all that blustering they say they will be taking instructions from their client (Cabot) about the s. 77-79 CCA Request you sent to them since they (Restons) are unaware of it.

So make them aware

Maybe send them a copy of your CCA Request (since they're unaware of it apparently) with a one-paragraph covering letter which thanks them for their letter dated DD/MM/YYYY and "please find attached copy of the s. 77-79 CCA Request sent to your client".

Di

Comment

Hello everyone
      I'm after some advice, I have received a letter from restons threatening legal action for a loan that they say calbot finance bought. They say I owe over £6000 and they want me to either pay in full or fill out there financial statement. I have been reading previous treads, so I sent calbot a CCA request with £1 postal order fee and restons the letter you recommend on previous threads.
      Today I've received restons response stating... we don't have to send out the agreement documents or any other documents as you have never disputed the loan. and they're suggesting I search through my own paper work to find the document I require
      Can anyone advise me what I should next please
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tookie View Post
        Hello everyone
        I'm after some advice, I have received a letter from restons threatening legal action for a loan that they say calbot finance bought. They say I owe over £6000 and they want me to either pay in full or fill out there financial statement. I have been reading previous treads, so I sent calbot a CCA request with £1 postal order fee and restons the letter you recommend on previous threads.
        Today I've received restons response stating... we don't have to send out the agreement documents or any other documents as you have never disputed the loan. and they're suggesting I search through my own paper work to find the document I require
        Can you confirm that you sent your s. 77-79 CCA Request to Cabot? If so have you received any acknowledgement or response?

And what was the letter you sent to Restons which you say you saw on other threads? If it was the CPR 31.14 Request then that letter would not be applicable since a court claim has not yet been issued. Or was it another letter?

You may find it easier to start your own thread which will give your issue more visibility. If you're unsure how to do that then ask [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to help you.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
          African, or Asian?

That's a bit of a trunkful.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X