• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Late payment with bristow and sutor by a day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late payment with bristow and sutor by a day

Hoping somebody may help please I've been making monthly payments to bristow and sutor for 15 months and payments due on the 1st of each month I have literally made payment at ten minutes past midnight and money's showing as left my account but not reached bristow and sutor?! Now on my account it's saying I'm in arrears by £50 and I tried to make an extra payment but am unable to do so without paying the full amount owed! I've just this minute set up a standing order for the rest of the payments and that will include an extra payment tomorrow,are they likely to accept this or will they ignore/ cancel my standing order?
    Tags: None

Re: Late payment with bristow and sutor by a day

With any enforcement co paying just a day late gives them the right to be stroppy and say you have broken the agreement. They may then demand anything outstanding in full & hope they can gain more in fees. If payment is due the 1st of the month then you should pay on 26th of previous month to allow for banking time and filtering through to your account. FPS system is not foolproof.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
      With any enforcement co paying just a day late gives them the right to be stroppy and say you have broken the agreement. They may then demand anything outstanding in full & hope they can gain more in fees. If payment is due the 1st of the month then you should pay on 26th of previous month to allow for banking time and filtering through to your account. FPS system is not foolproof.

Thankyou fir for the reply what should o do about the standing order that's due to start tomorrow (extra payment) also forgot to say I have since moved house from when I first set up payment plan?!

Comment

1st of the month payment if fall on weekend/bank holiday as has done this week then the 1st working day is the next working day due - normal banking proceedure
        no penalties can be made if they do report to regulator

Comment

Oh and looked at my account now and it just says next payment due 1st June and they have received this months payment

- - - Updated - - -

Really Mike?! Thankyou so much you are an angel

Comment

exactly my point paid to-day 1st working day after bank holiday etc

glad it is sorted for you!

Comment

Thankyou for all the help much appreciated first time posting

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X