• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How can I claim for Harrasment from PRA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I claim for Harrasment from PRA

Hello I have been harassed on the phone by PRA even after they wrote that they would not contact me by phone. Is there a route open to claim in the small claims court for each call they have made and how much should I claim?
    Tags: None

Re: How can I claim for Harrasment from PRA

how many calls? in what period?

Comment

make a formal complaint to start with, quoting the contents of their letter you say they sent saying they will stop!

Comment

Hi they have made 80 plus calls in seven months who do I make a complaint to?

Comment

PRA Group
          Mr David Sheridan Country Manager
          Email david.sheridan@aktiv-kapital.co.uk
          Telephone 020 8290 3696
          Website http://www.aktivkapital.co.uk
          Postal Address Wells House, 15-17 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent, BR1 1LT
          Company Number 04267803
          Company Status Active (Established 09/08/2001)
          See also Companies House data for UK companies from 04267800 to 04267809

Comment

Originally posted by gorge43 View Post
            Hi they have made 80 plus calls in seven months who do I make a complaint to?

80 calls in 7 months equates to:- 11.4 calls per month and 2.1 calls per week, would not constitute harassment by regulators???

we have had more in a week than that (daily) in the past,.

just send a letter everything in writing also e-mail CEO make a complaint details above??? up to you!

Comment

Ok thanks for advice

Comment

have been harassed on the phone by PRA even after they wrote that they would not contact me by phone. Is there a route open to claim in the small claims court for each call they have made and how much should I claim?
                Before you do anything may ask you a few questions in case your actions make matters worse in the long run. Letters to a CEO tend to attract attention and retaliation.

If you issued a court claim for damages then I would expect them to issue/serve a Counterclaim if you owe them any money. PRA buys delinquent credit accounts so I'm guessing they're hounding you for a debt. Maybe not, so my apologies if I've guessed wrong.

There may be other more positive ways of dealing with this issue.

Why do they want to make contact with you? When did this start and why?

I'm sure it's something I may be able to help you with

Di

Comment

Hello PRA have been chasing a debt for credit cards they sent a threat of litigation letter which I only collected the day before court papers arrived! I have difficulties wife has had cancer and then my Dad died I tried to ask for extra time to respond to court but that was rejected so arranged to borrow funds from a friend made a f&f offer and have settled debts. I am now thinking why should there not be compensation for the harassing that they did after they stated that they would not contact me by phone.

Comment

PRA have been chasing a debt for credit cards they sent a threat of litigation letter which I only collected the day before court papers arrived! I have difficulties wife has had cancer and then my Dad died I tried to ask for extra time to respond to court but that was rejected so arranged to borrow funds from a friend made a f&f offer and have settled debts.
                    If you've settled the claim (is there more than one?) then why are they still ringing you?

You obviously 'paid under protest' (a legal expression) but without knowing the facts it's hard to say whether you could undo what has been done (a possible set aside to give you the opportunity to defend the claim).

Was your settlement offer after a Default Judgment (for not responding to the claim form within the court deadline)?

Or did you make an offer which was settled with a Tomlin Order to avoid a CCJ?

Di

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X