• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

van courier insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• van courier insurance

Hi all,

New to this and not sure which forum this belongs too, apologies.

I am a courier driver and recently bought my own vehicle as it proved a lot more beneficial than hiring from my employer.

I took out a policy for van courier insurance and paid a deposit of £372.56 on the 17th march.

The Insurer then requested proof of my 3 years no claims on my private driving policy on the car I also claimed to have. This was eventually with them on the 5th April.

Today the 13th, the insurance company are putting my quote up £865.34, as they refuse to accept the insurance no claims as it was a motobility insurance policy with RSA.

This was never explained in any of the quotes, or any calls or emails since i forwarded this information (7 days ago).

They now refuse to refund my £372.56 deposit, want a cancellation fee of £464.56 and this months payment of £178.54 as i am now over my 14 day cooling off period.

that is almost £1000 for 24 days insurance since it went effective on the 20th march.

I did not cool off, they just 'upped' it £865.34 after 'refusing' to accept my no claims yesterday, 8 days after receiving it.

Any advice would be appreciated, as i feel i am being ripped off and they are refusing to budge and talk sensibly about it.
    Tags: None

Re: van courier insurance

Hi and Welcome
    Rather than the usual transferable no claims bonus,Motability gives customers a claims history letter which unfortunately most insurers do not accept for no claims bonus.
    The vehicle is owned by
    Motability Operations Ltd and you do not accrue any personal no-claims bonus.

Presumably when you obtained the insurance you did not advise the insurers that your "NCB" was on a motability vehicle.

If you want to cancel your insurance you will have to pay the insurers short term rates(these will be set out in the policy wording; a copy of which is probably available on line)
    For less than the first month I would expect the cost to be about 30% of the annual premium. (in your case about £300)
    On top of this the broker (if you used an intermediary) will be adding his cancellation fee (anything upto £75)

So go back to the broker and ask for an itemised breakdown of the charges they are making and if they don't revise them make an official complaint.
    If that doesn't work a complaint to the FoS.

Comment

Hi, I understand that the conditions of insurance liability of the carrier in all companies are different. The main thing - to choose the right risks and amounts to insurance was not a "piece of paper". It is difficult for me to choose what I really need. Think to apply to https://www.total-insurance.co.uk/courier-insurance/ looks like there is a lot of good reviews about them.
      Last edited by gfkoois; 20th April 2019, 16:07:PM.

Comment

Those people are solely a comparison site

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X