• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Failure to identify the driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to identify the driver

Hi.

Having received photographs evidencing a car with my reg plates crossing a red light by 1.3 seconds I have been unable to identify the driver. At the time of the alleged offence I was at engaged in activities relating to my work.

I am now being taken to 'trial' for failure to identify the driver ?? and for the offence itself.

I have complied with the requirement to make every effort to identify the driver but as it was not me I obviously can't and the driver is not visible from the photographs.

This feels like a crazy situation to me, to be asked to admit that the driver was me when it wasn't and then be punished because i can't say who it was.

I had a similar situation about 10 years ago and it turned out to be a 'copy cat' car. Same as mine and with my plates. However once I had evidenced where I was at the time the charge was dropped.

Any advice on how I deal with this would be much appreciated.

Lorraine
    Tags: None

Re: Failure to identify the driver

So someone stole your car then and committed this offence? and you never knew wont impress the magistrate I would expect.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      So someone stole your car then and committed this offence? and you never knew wont impress the magistrate I would expect.
      Yeah I didn't say it was stolen. I drove it home after I had finished work so clearly thats not what i am saying

Comment

Originally posted by Groundednearthed View Post
        Yeah I didn't say it was stolen. I drove it home after I had finished work so clearly thats not what i am saying
        How did they gat the keys then? These are questions the Police ask got that from a traffic cop

Comment

Im actually not suggesting it was MY car. MY car was parked outside the house I was visiting. And that is why I am unable to admit to the offence OR tell them who the driver was..and that is my point

Comment

That must be your defence then not much you can do if car was cloned you should seek legal advice from a solicitor unless you feel confident in presenting a defence.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X