• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Court being difficult - trial next week - ideas please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Court being difficult - trial next week - ideas please!

I am a defendant litigant in person fighting a large national window company.

The Count Court in its infinite wisdom has declined to make directions regarding the trial bundles pursuant to CPR 1.4 and ignored my letters requesting case management.

As a result, the Claimant has lodged its own bundles, excluding my documents. No doubt, they will be read by the Judge well before I can get my foot in the door...

Obviously, in an ideal world, I'd simply lodge my own bundle, but the harsh reality of the situation is that, if you're not legally-represented, your mail goes to the bottom of the pile.

In fact, when I email the court, they respond to the solicitor on the other side. It's a disgrace, really.

Any ideas as to how I get the judge to read my bundle before the Trial?

The latest letter states that, if I want directions for trial, I must make a formal application costing £255 on N244. The trial is less than a week away, for pity's sake!

I feel I should be asking if CPR 1.4 has been revoked in Croydon!

When this nightmare is over, I'll be sorely tempted to sue HMCTS for ignoring my correspondence and failing to manage the case throughout, as a result of which, the Claimant's solicitor has got away with murder, running up costs at my expense.

Any input would be most welcome, as I feeling that everything is stacked against me.
    Tags: None

Re: County Court being difficult - trial next week - ideas please!

Get your own bundle filed ASAP.

Comment

Re: County Court being difficult - trial next week - ideas please!

Thanks for the advice CLL1. I will lodge a bundle. However, the problem I'm facing is that the Court staff are so reluctant to pass my letters and documents to the district judges. When I lodge my bundle, I can just imagine them saying that the Judge has directed that, if you want him to read it, you'll have to make an application on N244 and pay the appropriate fee.

I'm not exaggerating. I recently made an application for the adjournment of an interlocutory application, and, rather than come back to me, they sent the Judge's response to the legally-represented party. And, when the trial was adjourned last October, the Claimant was notified by email, whereas I was told by phone that I still needed to attend, with my witnesses!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X