• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Query about Voluntary Termination of a PCP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about Voluntary Termination of a PCP

Hi
    I have just started the process of a VT with my car finance company. They have given me a end date of 28th Feb 2017 for it to be completed. They tell me that i have to keep making payments to my account until the termination has finished. I am already over the required 50% to trigger the VT. Do i have to make this next payment? if so that would be £262 over the %50 of the agreement. They have already told me that i would be liable to pay for car collection services which i have told them i am not liable to pay, however they say that any money they owe me the charges will be taken out of that figure. Which in affect means i have paid for their collection fee.

So can i miss this next payment?

Thanks

Frank
    Tags: None

Re: Query about Voluntary Termination of a PCP

Why have they given you a date of 28 February, did you provide that date? Once you give notice to terminate it would be terminated with immediate effect, unless you have stipulated a specific date for it to end. I am assuming that they suggested this date because it falls after the next payment date?

What charges do you think they may owe you? If they do deduct collection charges then you have to either accept it or take them to court to recover the balance for unjust enrichment when they had no right to those charges.
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

I rang them today and did a VT over the phone. I have paid %50 as of today. They are sending me some paperwork through the post which i must complete and send back. They say that the VT process will complete on the 28th Feb. Until that date they also say i have to keep making payments on my account and the next payment is due 18Th feb. Do i have to make this payment as i have already reached the %50 of my agreement. They did say that will refund me any over payments but will take any fees out of any money they would owe me. This would be the collection fee of the car at £125 plus VAT.

Comment

Strictly speaking, by law, VT has to be done in writing and if you don't follow the rules if you fail to comply then they will be able to recover the missing payment because you did not comply with the law on VT.

I would suggest you write to them immediately and confirm that the agreement is terminated with immediate effect - writing can also include by email too and there are some template letters you can find here -> http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...on-Your-rights

You do not have to accept their termination date as the date of termination does not go by when they choose to process it but when the notice was given. If you do accept their termination date then you are bound to make any payments until the agreement is terminated.

When you VT you are not entitled to recover any payments above and beyond the 50% mark, the lender can keep the sums.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

OK Thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X