• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ccj been set aside 03/02/17

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ccj been set aside 03/02/17

The judge ruled on the day that I pay there solicitors attendance fee and unfortunately I wasn't awarded any costs back as they had followed correct procedure I.e.. sent forms to last address on file. I should get the court order from the court this week hopefully.it would be nice to get the costs bck 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Phila12010 View Post
      PPI was taken on the loan but they refused to honour it for what reasons I cannot recall.
      The reasons should be documented in your SAR.

If they refused to pay out then the PPI may have been missold in the first place.

You need to calculate how much you paid for the PPI premiums in case it makes sense to counterclaim for that especially if it exceeds the current amount being claimed

Di

Comment

Thank you for your help 😀, I should hopefully get the sar request through soon.would it have in it the amount off PPI I claimed for or would I need to contact welcome regarding it

Comment

The judge ruled on the day that I pay there solicitors attendance fee and unfortunately I wasn't awarded any costs back as they had followed correct procedure I.e.. sent forms to last address on file.
          Why did the DJ order you to pay the Claimant's attendance fee? Was it because you didn't attend court but didn't inform them in advance that you wouldn't be there? Did your application ask for the matter to be decided on paper or at a hearing?

How have you got the information of what went on at the hearing in your absence? Did you obtain a transcript?

Di

Comment

Thank you for your help 😀, I should hopefully receive the s.a.r request soon. Would the details of the PPI be included in this or would I need to contact welcome regarding this

Comment

Sorry didn't realise it had already posted the first reply. I attended the court hearing last Friday (3/2/17) , the claimants solicitor pulled me aside detailing what might happen, on his words it would only be a 5 mins hearing as the judge would have read the papers.tge judge opted for me to pay the attendance fees for the solicitor as they had acted accordingly, not sure what she meant.she did ask if I had any costs which I told her the n244 costs plus time taken off work.not received the set aside order as yet.
              Many thanks
              Phil

Comment

the claimants solicitor pulled me aside detailing what might happen, on his words it would only be a 5 mins hearing as the judge would have read the papers.tge judge opted for me to pay the attendance fees for the solicitor as they had acted accordingly, not sure what she meant.she did ask if I had any costs which I told her the n244 costs plus time taken off work.not received the set aside order as yet.
                I do hope I've misunderstood what you've posted.

Are you saying the Claimant's solicitor told you before the hearing that the DJ would have already decided that you should pay their costs despite not having heard any evidence from both parties at that stage?

Did you ask the DJ for your costs?

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                  Was this debt included in your IVA?

Did your IVA complete or did it fail in 2007?

You may need to send a SAR to your IVA provider too (if this debt was included).
                  I'm reposting in case you missed this important question

Di

Comment

Hi Diana
                    Sorry for the confusion the solicitor made out the court would only take 5 mins to go in their favour he never mentioned costs.the sat failed in 2007.unfortunatley i am unsure what company this was with, would it be on file in the sar request if they made payment on my behalf?
                    Many thanks
                    Phil

Comment

Meant say IVA failed sorry

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X