• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lloyds closed loan account - not closed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lloyds closed loan account - not closed?

Hi all,
    I would like some sort of advice on how to sort the LLoyds thing once and for all. Here's what happened:
    1) me and my now ex partner took out a loan in 2008.
    because we had financial problems we fell into more debt and struggled with the payments.
    2) I received a large sum back in 2011 and made a deal with Lloyds to pay the loan off. The deal was "partial" settlement. Basically we agreed on a sum of 7k to be paid (the total was ca.10k).
    I received a letter confirming that the account is now closed etc.
    3) 2 years ago I started having funny issues with my debit card and only due to that I found out that my current account is in collections - it wasnt really but they had me marked as such because of that loan account. I spoke to them, explained all and I thought the matter was resolved until:
    4) I received a letter today which stated that they have miscalculated some charges and are now refunding the overcharges to my OUTSTANDING balance of 3k (as of 29.11.2016)

Does it mean that they keep my account open and that it still is affecting my credit rating??
    I want this sorted once and for all - what should I do? ask them to do the investigation or ..?
    Thanks for all the advice!!
    Tags: None

Re: lloyds closed loan account - not closed?

Have you looked at your credit report, to see if it is still showing as outstanding?

Comment

Originally posted by ekaloo View Post
      Hi all,
      I would like some sort of advice on how to sort the LLoyds thing once and for all. Here's what happened:
      1) me and my now ex partner took out a loan in 2008.
      because we had financial problems we fell into more debt and struggled with the payments.
      2) I received a large sum back in 2011 and made a deal with Lloyds to pay the loan off. The deal was "partial" settlement. Basically we agreed on a sum of 7k to be paid (the total was ca.10k).
      I received a letter confirming that the account is now closed etc.
      3) 2 years ago I started having funny issues with my debit card and only due to that I found out that my current account is in collections - it wasnt really but they had me marked as such because of that loan account. I spoke to them, explained all and I thought the matter was resolved until:
      4) I received a letter today which stated that they have miscalculated some charges and are now refunding the overcharges to my OUTSTANDING balance of 3k (as of 29.11.2016)

Does it mean that they keep my account open and that it still is affecting my credit rating??
      I want this sorted once and for all - what should I do? ask them to do the investigation or ..?
      Thanks for all the advice!!
      Good afternoon,

This is happening quite often at present with refunds of inappropriate charges.
      Your approach should be to contact the bank for a full explanation of what's happening it's difficult to say what has occurred and I for one would not like to make guesses on this.

As to credit files they should show the account as a default which has been partially satisfied, this then remains on file until the 6th anniversary of the default date when it is removed.

Check Noddle and/or clear score free online.

nem

Comment

Is the current account still open? are they referring to this, if the account is in collections then could that be the account that is overdrawn?

Worth, as Nemesis has said, to ask them what they are on about....
        "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
        (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X