• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** STAYED ** Lowells takes me to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lowells takes me to court

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    That's some good news!!

Unfortunately whilst the stay stops the current pursuit the claimant can at any time pay a fee to restart the process just as we have seen in another thread currently where the claimant has retrieved some document after 2 years and restarted the claim.

If the stay becomes prolonged then write to the solicitors " inviting " them to discontinue the claim as they have no reasonable prospect of success,
    otherwise you will make an application to have the claim struck out at their cost.

nem
    ok how long will i have to wait to do that?

Comment

Re: Lowells takes me to court

Originally posted by Leedslady View Post
      ok how long will i have to wait to do that?
      It would be unreasonable to try for a strike out within 6 months the claimant would appose an application without a doubt.
      Often claimants in this situation will start " collection " activities" along the lines of " we know we can't enforce the debt in court, but you know that it is owed and will give you a discount if you pay now".

If that happens that's when I would consider applying for strike out.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X