• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Speed cameras M5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed cameras M5

Dose anyone know how far apart the white line distance marks are when you pass the speed cameras on the M5 motorway and what the time delay between the two photos taken ?
    Tags: None

Re: Speed cameras M5

Normally 0.5 second.

Lines are usually 2 m spacing.

Comment

Thank you paulajayne .

I did receive the photos but i couldn't work out how far i had traveled because the first photo was just at the end of the lines and the second was past the lines. ON both photos the time is exactly the same (12:52:50 BST) but next to that it says Interval: 0.35 so I don't know if this is a reference to time, distance or interval between the photos.

Comment

The lines and two photos are a back up system and normally only used to check against the laser system.

The laser measured your speed as being above its set threshold (normally posted speed limit + 10% +2). It then activated the camera system to take two photos (normally ).5 seconds apart).

The time interval may be 0.35 seconds as a 0.5 interval on a higher speed limit road would mean the vehicle may have passed the lines.

Measure the road (be careful) and do the calculations at 0.5 and 0.35. I would guess 0.35 will be very close to the speed indicated.

Comment

Originally posted by paulajayne View Post

Measure the road (be careful)
          Hi

How can you do that, & not fall foul of Rules 270 &/or 271 Highway Code?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
          Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
          gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
          The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
            Hi

How can you do that, & not fall foul of Rules 270 &/or 271 Highway Code?
            By standing on pavement and measure the line spacing.

Some a 6 Ft and other are at 2 metres.

Comment

By standing on pavement and measure the line spacing.

Some a 6 Ft and other are at 2 metres.
              Is there any pavement on the M5? (Genuine question, btw).
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                Is there any pavement on the M5? (Genuine question, btw).

I updated my last post but for some reason it did not post.

I had missed the M5 bit. Google Earth has a measuring tool, not sure how accurate it will be though.

Comment

I updated my last post but for some reason it did not post.

I had missed the M5 bit. Google Earth has a measuring tool, not sure how accurate it will be though.
                  Ok, paulajayne

Thanks for answering. :okay:
                  CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                  Phelps, C. C.

Comment

I did pass the lines that's why I am querying the result, on most of the internet sites I have been on they are saying the time between photos is around 0.5 to 0.7 sec. 0.5 sec puts me under the limit A cynical person could say that they set the time (0.35) fits the crime.

Thank you for your input I appreciate it

Comment

Are you going to challenge this in court ?

Comment

I doubt I would win so no I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and stump up for it

Comment

Wise thing to do magistrates like to bump up fines and points then there are court cost if you lose

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X