• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A Bar was put in place.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bar was put in place.

A Bar was put in place against the defendant on 11th July 2016, My claim was transferred to my local court.
    The defendant then moved from his current address back to his matrimonial/business address and the warrant was reissued, an attempt to serve the warrant failed because no one was in. I have not heard anything from my local court since 4th August 2016. What can I do next?
    Tags: None

Re: A Bar was put in place.

Originally posted by Pretender View Post
    A Bar was put in place against the defendant on 11th July 2016, My claim was transferred to my local court.
    The defendant then moved from his current address back to his matrimonial/business address and the warrant was reissued, an attempt to serve the warrant failed because no one was in. I have not heard anything from my local court since 4th August 2016. What can I do next?
    No further action without permission from the court.

nem

Comment

As the judgement made was in my favour what is the court likely to do? I had paid for a warrant to be issued back in April.

Comment

As the judgement made was in my favour what is the court likely to do? I had paid for a warrant to be issued back in April.
        I'm guessing that if this is a company/ trader/tradesman that they are either liquidating the company or the defendant is filing for bankruptcy.
        Check with the court office.

nem

Comment

Surely I should have some notification of any actions?

Comment

Surely I should have some notification of any actions?
            Court processes are not very swift, check with the court, it's not easy to speculate on the sparse details here.

nem

Comment

I have contacted the court, the warrant was reissued in September and the Bailiffs are still trying to serve it. It was a builder who was refurbishing my bathroom, he never gave any address, also said he was getting a divorce and could I give him an extra £2K. He is now back with his wife but never seems to be home nor his wife.

Comment

Have the bailiffs given up?

Comment

All they have said is..." its ongoing".

Comment

Take it to the High Courts and send in the HCEO's??

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X