• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

dartford crossing and hefty fines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dartford crossing and hefty fines

Hello all,
    posting this on behalf of a friend:

as I was going through Dartford crossing and I did pay the charge - it didn't automatically register my details so I remember I had to enter it all manually.
    Few weeks later I got a fine in the post but I thought it must be a mistake because I did pay and I ignored it.
    Some time later there came another letter this time from debt recovery agency. Increased fine and threats. So I emailed them explaining what happened and that I have a proof of payment (bank statement).
    There was no answer, so I thought the case is closed. But there came another letter - increased fine again. I rang them and they said I should email them again which I did.
    Again, there was no response so I thought they found all the details but one morning, a guy knocked on my door and put a lock on my car, said that he will remove it only when I pay the fine. So I had to pay to have my car back but ...is there a chance I get my money back?
    I paid the toll and all that was their inability to find the details that led to this situation. Hope someone can help what to do...

Thanks!
    Tags: None

Re: dartford crossing and hefty fines

If you paid you can produce the proof to them they must give your money back have you the proof? where is this
    Seems cut and dried you pay against the car reg number and I expect a receipt is generated

Comment

Re: dartford crossing and hefty fines

Originally posted by ekaloo View Post
      Hello all,
      posting this on behalf of a friend:

as I was going through Dartford crossing and I did pay the charge - it didn't automatically register my details so I remember I had to enter it all manually.
      Few weeks later I got a fine in the post but I thought it must be a mistake because I did pay and I ignored it.
      Some time later there came another letter this time from debt recovery agency. Increased fine and threats. So I emailed them explaining what happened and that I have a proof of payment (bank statement).
      There was no answer, so I thought the case is closed. But there came another letter - increased fine again. I rang them and they said I should email them again which I did.
      Again, there was no response so I thought they found all the details but one morning, a guy knocked on my door and put a lock on my car, said that he will remove it only when I pay the fine. So I had to pay to have my car back but ...is there a chance I get my money back?
      I paid the toll and all that was their inability to find the details that led to this situation. Hope someone can help what to do...

Thanks!
      Ooooh...if you have evidence (bank statement, for example; a witness in the car maybe?) then pay the money under duress (in writing) and claim it back plus expenses etc via the County Court. You could probably use moneyclaim online to issue the claim.

Dont let them get away with it!!

QCK

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X