• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capquest fishing letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capquest fishing letter

Hello all,
    I live in Scotland.
    I have received a letter from Capquest addressed to me asking to confirm that the I live there and if not can someone pass them my current details.
    I have some old debts from the 90's,
    Student loan, overdraft totalling about 6/7k. So it is this they are after no doubt.
    The house phone is getting 2/3number unavailable call a day ( blocked by phone). I missed call from a 01988 number today. No answer machine so no message.

I had some papers from the Sherrif Court in 2001/2 which I filled in and returned by hand but then heard nothing.

I was homeless at the end of the 90's so lost touch with creditors.

I know I need to deal with this but I am at loss about what to do. I can't sleep and it is bringing me down.

I'm a stay at home dad (3 very young kids) with no real income ( my wife transfers money into my account to run the house )and my only real asset is my car which is about 5 1/2 years old and worth 4K.
    Tags: None

Re: Capquest fishing letter

You seem to have got your life back on track after a dark phase of homelessness in the 1990s. Well Done You. Don't let this situation bring you down now.

If you've not paid anything towards your old debts for the last five years then they are likely to be Statute Barred since you are living in Scotland.

You've had a tracing letter from CapQuest which has spooked you but maybe wait to see what the next one says before worrying too much.

Was your Student Loan before or after 1998?

Di

Comment

Re: Capquest fishing letter

Thank you for your quick reply.
      Yes they were some dark days.
      The Student Loan was from 1993 - 1996.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X