• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can creditors come after you after a court order has been made?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can creditors come after you after a court order has been made?

Hi,I lost my court case with Lowells in August,As I previously stated on here before.
    They won even though they had not got agreements or default notices.
    I filled in the court forms,And put an offer of One pound a month.
    After ringing the court office 2 months later to find out what was happening,I was told that the offer had been sent to Lowells,But they had had no reply back from them,So the Court clerk set the order for one pound a month.
    I received the letter a few days later confirming this,And when I have to start payments.
    My question is,I know Lowells wont be happy with this order,And could they come back to the court asking for more money?They never agreed or disagreed when the court first sent them my offer. Thankyou. Vale.
    Tags: None

Re: Can creditors come after you after a court order has been made?

Hi vale

A pyrrhic victory.

How much was the CCJ for?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by vale View Post
      Hi,I lost my court case with Lowells in August,As I previously stated on here before.
      They won even though they had not got agreements or default notices.
      I filled in the court forms,And put an offer of One pound a month.
      After ringing the court office 2 months later to find out what was happening,I was told that the offer had been sent to Lowells,But they had had no reply back from them,So the Court clerk set the order for one pound a month.
      I received the letter a few days later confirming this,And when I have to start payments.
      My question is,I know Lowells wont be happy with this order,And could they come back to the court asking for more money?They never agreed or disagreed when the court first sent them my offer. Thankyou. Vale.
      Hello Vale,
      The claimant would have to go back to the court so does your I & E support the £1.00 a week offer as you will be asked for it if they do want more.

nem

Comment

Just over 9,000 with court costs.Vale

Comment

So 750+ years?
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Ha Ha! I am not going to live that long.As it is I could live till I am 100,And only pay £400 or so!

Comment

In that case I suspect they will be back for more at some point Vale.

nem

Comment

Will having the CCJ on record be of significant inconvenience to you?
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

No,I don't intend to take credit or mortgage or job,As I am now retired.I guess the ccj will just sit there for six years.Vale.

Comment

I don't intend to take credit or mortgage or job,As I am now retired.I guess the ccj will just sit there for six years.
                    Do you own your home or do you rent?

Di

Comment

My home is rented.Thanks,Vale.

Comment

My home is rented.
                        That's good, so you won't have to worry about any potential Charging Order

Di

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                          So 750+ years?
                          Possibly a little longer if interest is being added

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
                            Possibly a little longer if interest is being added

Di
                            Move over Methuselah, let vale take over!
                            (Ok, not quite Hendrix!)
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.I am hoping the order is the last to deal with for now.And I am just hoping that Lowell don't start again with any court attempts to get more money,As I haven't got any!The stress over this for the last few months have been tremendous,I was really ill on the court day,And I was floored when Lowell won without any correct papers.Maybe my hair will start to grow now,As it started to fall out,I think with the stress and everything! Vale.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X