• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tax Credit/Help with health/dental costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tax Credit/Help with health/dental costs

Cyn you have personal info on the post

Comment

thanks enaid, everything is going haywire, font size, etc, and editing so Ive deleted

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
        thanks enaid, everything is going haywire, font size, etc, and editing so Ive deleted
        Don't think it worked , so I have deleted them now, check your post again see if it's all ok now and the letter looks fine to me

Comment

thanks enaid, ive redone post 15, think its ok now, I couldnt even shout for help in chatbox, that wouldnt work for me either.
          think there must be gremlins lurking in my laptop lol

Comment

SUCCESS

Son has received the following reply-
            Thank you for your email regarding dental exemption checks.

Based on the information you have given us, I have checked our systems and I can confirm you were exempt at the time you claimed for your dental treatment.

The reason why this Penalty Charge notice was issued is because there was a keying error on our behalf, I apologise for any Inconvience.

As I have been able to confirm your exemption, you are not required to pay the charges stated and I will close your case.
            If you have any queries regarding the Dental Exemption Checking Service you can visit our 'Ask Us' page at www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk

If you require any further assistance please contact us by email or telephone us on 0300 330 1293.

Comment

Ok for them to make mistakes then?
              Glad it's sorted and did say they have done this before, on how many occasions we will never know. Thing is it is so scary for genuine folks and not nice as to almost be classed as a fraudster.

Comment

Just a thought,
                As Tax Credits are awarded based on the previous years income, what would happen eg if someone had a valid exemption certificate, but at the year end their annual income ended up a little higher than the threshhold allowed?
                Would they be fined and asked to repay any amounts claimed?

Comment

Not sure on that question Cyn but I think it would be a case of informing HMRC of any change in circumstances then they will adjust your award accordingly. I would think once given the dates would be honoured, they are done on a 6 month basis I think. Then again Tax Credits is another benefit that is in the minefield bracket.

Comment

Hi Cyn, just wondered if you had seen this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...186#post694186
                    maybe send an email tell about your sons experience on this.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X