• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cameras in the work place

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cameras in the work place

hi

I work in a nursery and it has cameras in the rooms and picks up voice too.
    Their has been an issue today. I work with my sister who is off sick at the moment and she is a room leader another member has taken her role whilst she is off. my sister called In work today and was told by the staff member who is covering her role and another member of staff that they got a pay rise to do the role. my sister gets no extra money for this role. understandably my sister was upset by this as she as dedicated 7 years to the nursery. when she told her husband he phoned head office and made an official complaint. this afternoon the manager came to staff members including myself and we were told a complaint had been made by her husband and we had to write statements of our conversations with her and that they would be going through the cctv footage of the conversations. I image this will be to identify who said what although the information of the pay increase was offered.
    I suppose my main question is how can they use this footage regarding staff members as this is surely only for allegations regarding safeguarding the children and not staff issues.
    I also feel vulnerable in this nursery as I am her sister.
    The member of staff who told her also feels uneasy
    any advice would be very much appreciated

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: cameras in the work place

Find out the terms of the ICO licence covering CCTV that the company must have. Not to is a criminal offence. Staff issues are probably not included. Here's a place to search for company registration details. Not all the details are required for the search.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X