• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lay representative.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lay representative.

Originally posted by Brainwaves? View Post
    Can I ask what you mean by her acting officially, do you mean he may have already notified the Court of this?
    I meant acting for him (husband) as his official secretary/admin/manager for his T/A business hence her (wife) involvement in setting up the expert witness appointment.

While we're on the subject of evidence gathering, I don't know the scope of the work which was undertaken but you referred to installing/moving a shower with suspect electrical wiring work. This work may have needed to comply with Building Regulations so the Council's Building Control inspector should have come out to 'sign off' the work as safe. You might want to give them a call to see if that gives you any ammunition.

If the expert report never materializes (due to the Defendant's failure to comply with the court Order) then you may have something else official (the Council's building inspector's report) to throw into the mix which could give the DJ something to hang his hat on if he's feeling inclined to dismiss their Defence.

Just a thought.

Di

Comment

Re: Lay representative.

Thanks but I did phone the local Council when I realised what he'd done, they say it's a grey area to them (part p regs etc) but did give me a contact at ELECSA who e-mailed me relevant rules stating that he had not acted correctly, so that is good evidence.
      I've no idea what will happen next re expert as it was difficult to find a suitably qualified one in the 1st place and when I did, the def's failure to comply & appoint caused a delay of approx 4 months (to date) & led to nothing!��
      I informed the Court immediately of the expert's withdrawal and left it at that to await the new hearing date when hopefully the DJ may decide the other party has had enough chances and finally decide the case.
      I thank you so much & all other contributors to this forum, this LIP business is not easy or for the faint hearted and the site has great forums & advice.��

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X