• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BPO and Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BPO and Lowell

Hi,

I have received two letters fro BPO and two from Lowell regarding an amount due to a Company called JD Williams. Both Lowell and BPO appear to be instructed to reclaim the amounts of £200.23 and £192.74. I attach copies of the correspondence.

I have no idea who JD Williams are and had to google them to discover they are a clothing Company. I have moved address within the past 2 years and i have a feeling the new occupiers may have used my information.

I'm really concerned and losing sleep over this as i have previously been taken to Court for another debt and i don't wish to experience that again!

Is anyone able to help and advise me how i should deal with this matter.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

letters attached
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Re: BPO and Lowell

Originally posted by Tink View Post
    Hi,

I have received two letters fro BPO and two from Lowell regarding an amount due to a Company called JD Williams. Both Lowell and BPO appear to be instructed to reclaim the amounts of £200.23 and £192.74. I attach copies of the correspondence.

I have no idea who JD Williams are and had to google them to discover they are a clothing Company. I have moved address within the past 2 years and i have a feeling the new occupiers may have used my information.

I'm really concerned and losing sleep over this as i have previously been taken to Court for another debt and i don't wish to experience that again!

Is anyone able to help and advise me how i should deal with this matter.

Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

letters attached
    Good morning, welcome to LB.

JD Williams is a catalogue company.

It would be wise to check your credit reference files this debt will likely be recorded as a defaulted account which will damage your credit profile.

Did the new occupiers have your current address?

I suggest you check credit files firs (Noddle is Free Online)

Make a request to Lowell directly for a copy of the JD Williams agreement ( there is a template at the top of the received a court claim page) A £1 statutory fee is payable use a postal order and mark it " For Statutory Fee Only"

Send the request by signed for post so you can check deliver date and signature. Use Lowell's address without the PO Box number Ellington House, 9 Savannah Way, Leeds Valley Park, Leeds LS 10 1AH.

As you say the account is not yours also send ( under separate cover ) a letter to Lowell and a copy to BPO formally stating you are not now nor ever have been a customer of JD Williams any you do not acknowledge any debt to Lowell.

nem
    Last edited by nemesis45; 3rd September 2016, 09:07:AM.

Comment

Re: BPO and Lowell

Tried to Edit the following into post#2 but it has not saved the text.

The Lowell Letter should be addressed to Andrew Bartle COO the Lowell Group
      and BPO to Graham Rankin (Director)

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X