• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help - breach of controlled good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help - breach of controlled good

hello ,

I found out in may I had an high court writ of exicution for a bill from an old address from 2 years ago for about 1100- I tried to appell it but ulitmatley he came in to the property an did a controll of goods form and I do not have much a tv (on HP for another year) - a work laptop ( that i have a letter from my manager quoting it belong to the company and is in my possession to use) so he ended up levying a 2 seater sofa (about 7 years old and worn not in amazing condition) , a chest of draws ( the same old 2nd hand and worn) and a PC desk (only £40 from Ikea which is worn and scratched).

I have an agreement in in place but unfortunablty this month i lost my debit card and was waiting on a new one so i rang a couple of days late ( i stupidly forgot to ring them on day it was due) and the women on other end stated it was now broken and the full amount due + £500 in costs - ( totaling £1400) - I cannot afford this i have no saving and no family as I came out of care - I work and did a full break down for him when he first came which i still have.

I kept the form where he listed goods taken in to control and have just noticed now he has added the TV to it ( he saw the original contract before he did the form) Are they allowed to take items under HP and has had any experience of this as when i spoke to the woman at there office was so unhelpful and was made it sound like pay the full amount or we will take away all your items not other option so what do they do if they take away the items and there is not enough to cover the debt( like i said highly doubtful they would get the full amount due to condition of items levied.?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X