• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

help with a witness statement for credit card debt?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with a witness statement for credit card debt?

Hi

I've being taken to court for non payment of a credit card debt that was originally taken out in 2004. Its a long story but a so called friend recommended a debt management firm that said they could legally challenge the credit card in a Court of Law. To cut a long story short that company has since gone into liquidation and are no longer acting for me. The debt is around £8000 with around £1500 for interest. Other than feeling foolish and naïve I'm now left to try and defend the case on my own with a defence that has already been submitted.

I have a small claims hearing date in a few months time so already quite far down the track. The particulars of the claim are below. (I've redacted/amended some of the info)

The Claimant claims whole of the outstanding balance due and
    payable under an agreement referenced XXXXXXXXXXXX and
    opened effective from xxSept2004.

The agreement is regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974, was
    signed by the Defendant and from which credit was extended to
    the Defendant.

The Defendant failed to make payment as required and by
    Nov2013 a default was recorded. As at NOV/2013 the Defendant
    owed XXXXXcreditcard company the sum of £7500

By an agreement in writing the benefit of the debt has been legally assigned to the Claimant effective XXNov2013 and made regular upon the Claimant serving a Notice of Assignment upon the Defendant shortly thereafter. And the Claimant claims:-£7500. Interest pursuant to Section 69 County Court Act (1984) at a rate of 8 % per Annum from xx/NOV/2013 to XXOct2014 of £600 And thereafter at a daily rate of 1.57 to date of judgment or sooner payment.

A CCA letter was sent earlier in the year, what was sent back to me was not illegible and was an inception copy with my signature on. I'd like to include this in my witness statement - as well as a few other points but I'm not too sure how to put it into legal phrases.

What are the main docs to accompany the witness statement for this sort of hearing. Many thanks.

James
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X