• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

receieved a court claim from asset collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• receieved a court claim from asset collections

woke up last saturday to a claim form for a ccj from assets collections regarding a debt owed to uncle buck.

now ive tried emailing them but received no response (work 6-6 so cant phone during office hours)

in the particulars of claim it says

asset collections claims amount in respect to unpaid loan funded by uncle buck ltd the defendant failed to abide by the terms and conditions of the contract .

asset colection & inestigations purchased debt from 1st stop recoveries and subsequently sent notice of assignment to the defendant to advise

the defendant has failed to respond thus denying the claimant from any oppurtunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring matter to an amicable conclusion.

now reason I havent responded is i havent received anything from them other than a email I found buried in my junk folder from june. now I was sure i had cleared my uncle buck account as they got particularly nasty but cant find confirmation anywhere but credit file shows the debt as satisfied and there are no defualts registered.

ive already tried to defend unsucesfully a debt that I believed to be statue barred from capital one and court ruled in cabots favour.

can people please advice me the best way to handle this ?
    Tags: None

Re: receieved a court claim from asset collections

Originally posted by rich23121955 View Post
    woke up last saturday to a claim form for a ccj from assets collections regarding a debt owed to uncle buck. What was the Court claim issue date?

now ive tried emailing them but received no response (work 6-6 so cant phone during office hours)

asset collections claims amount in respect to unpaid loan funded by uncle buck ltd the defendant failed to abide by the terms and conditions of the contract .

asset colection & inestigations purchased debt from 1st stop recoveries and subsequently sent notice of assignment to the defendant to advise

the defendant has failed to respond thus denying the claimant from any oppurtunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring matter to an amicable conclusion. Very sparse; no dates or identifiers.

now reason I havent responded is i havent received anything from them other than a email I found buried in my junk folder from june. Was this the purported Notice of Assignment, or something else......& if so, what?
    now I was sure i had cleared my uncle buck account as they got particularly nasty but cant find confirmation anywhere but credit file shows the debt as satisfied and there are no defualts registered.

ive already tried to defend unsucesfully a debt that I believed to be statue barred from capital one and court ruled in cabots favour.
    Interesting. What was their 'winning; argument/reasons? It's always good to review tactics

can people please advice me the best way to handle this ?
    IMHO

Acknowledge the court claim asap.
    CCA request to claimant.
    CPR request to solicitor (if they are legally represented).

That will buy you some time to discover what's going on, esp since it appears that the alleged debt has been assigned twice.

Btw, was it a roll-over loan?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by rich23121955 View Post
      claim form for a ccj from assets collections regarding a debt owed to uncle buck.

the defendant has failed to respond thus denying the claimant from any oppurtunity in assisting the defendant in attempting to bring matter to an amicable conclusion.

now reason I havent responded is i havent received anything from them other than a email I found buried in my junk folder from june. now I was sure i had cleared my uncle buck account as they got particularly nasty but cant find confirmation anywhere but credit file shows the debt as satisfied and there are no defualts registered.
      Uncle Buck is a Pay Day Loan lender with a less than perfect reputation

The absence of a Default Notice prior to the assignment of your debt to 1st Stop Recoveries (who have a less than perfect reputation than Uncle Buck) may be relevant.

This debt has been assigned twice so proof of those assignments will be necessary.

How much is the claim?

And how much did you borrow in the first place and at what interest rate? Uncle Buck have been known to charge over 2,000% APR.

Di

Comment

thanks for the quick replys

right the claim amount is for £534.

loan amount £325 (this was taken from credit file) now im assuming it was rolled over as it was during a time I fell into the pay day trap im now in dmp with stepchange and chipping away at them all but Im certain I cleared uncle buck a they wouldnt accept the dmp and threatened court action for fraud at the time.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X