• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary Termination of car finance-clause missing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Termination of car finance-clause missing?

My car finance agreement with Hitachi Capital does not show a Voluntary Termination clause? Can I still hand it back as I have paid more than 50% of my payments-all on time? I have been offered a company car and want to save some money...I am confused as I thought it was a statute law but cannot find it on the agreement?
    Tags: None

Re: Voluntary Termination of car finance-clause missing?

It only applies to Hire Purchase type agreements. If it's a fixed sum loan then no you cannot VT as that is a loan like you would get from a bank
    If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

So if the car's not on HP, does this mean he could sell the car without notifying Hitachi and then pay off the outstanding settlement figure?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy71 View Post
        So if the car's not on HP, does this mean he could sell the car without notifying Hitachi and then pay off the outstanding settlement figure?
        If the agreement is a fixed sum yes, because the money is used to purchase the car and instead of Hitachi owning it until all payments are made, the debtor owns it from the start.
        If you have a question about the voluntary termination process, please read this guide first, as it should have all the answers you need. Please do not hijack another person's thread as I will not respond to you
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        LEGAL DISCLAIMER
        Please be aware that this is a public forum and is therefore accessible to anyone. The content I post on this forum is not intended to be legal advice nor does it establish any client-lawyer type relationship between you and me. Therefore any use of my content is at your own risk and I cannot be held responsible in any way. It is always recommended that you seek independent legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Rob. I'm in the same boat, my car's on finance with Hitachi and reached 50% of the finance term, I've had the settlement figure and would need to find another £1500 on top of the figure my car is worth to pay off the final settlement agreement by selling my car privately, or my other option is: Trade in my car Part Ex, but I'd still be in negative equity, as the trade price is £1300 less than the value by selling it privately. I'm in a no win situation, whichever way I try to get around it.

Comment

Have you spoke to any dealerships who might be willing to pay out your finance in return for taking out a new finance deal? The £1,500 outstanding would be added onto the new finance package but if you were then to take out a HP type agreement and not a fixed sum loan agreement (this is where you actually have to read the document not just sign on the dotted line when told), could then VT at the 50% stage of the agreement and hand the car back.

That is of course depending on what you can afford to pay monthly but it is an option.
            LEGAL DISCLAIMER

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X