• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Bailif - Warrant By the HMCTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Bailif - Warrant By the HMCTS

Hi all,

I am new to this website, I will try to be as brief as possible and please excuse my English, it is not my first language and some errors will happen.

A while ago I got a fine for not owning a train ticket, I have been trying to deal with it since 2015, as I was still in Uni and on a low income, I was struggling to pay the charges.
    In the end I got a letters from the Magistrates Court. I had a payment plan set, was trying to pay it back, but as I was still on a low income I have failed to do so as well.

Now we are in 2016, one week ago I had a visit from a Bailiff/Enforcement Agent Mr. Hardy, (Marston Holding/Group) saying that he has a warrant from HMCTS and that I will have to either pay in full £599.50 or he will enter the house and take my belongings.
    I've made a mistake, I did let him into the house, after a brief conversation he said that I will have to pay at least £100 the following week and that I will have to pay the rest by Friday 19/08/2016.

I explained that I do not own the money, that I still need to pay the rent, that I am getting paid on the 26/08, and that I am working only part- time and there is no way I can pay the amount in full. He obviously don't care, he wants the money or enter the house on Saturday 20/08/2016

I don't know what to do. I am renting a room, living with 4 other people. He said that he has a right to enter every single room, sees the goods whether it's mine or not.

I terrified, I haven't slept properly in a week, my stomach is killing me.
    I don't want other people to be liable for my mistakes, my negligence.

Is there a way I can still stop this man, keep him out of the place?
    I talked to their CS but they said, they can set a pay-plan and that the amount has to paid in full.

All the best, and thank you all in advance.
    Tags: None

Re: Marston Bailif - Warrant By the HMCTS

Welcome to LB!
    Have you got a copy of the warrant, if so what type of warrant. VERY few warrants allow them to force entry so if you can blur your any personal details (Name, address, DOB etc) out and upload it I can see what I can recommend. Also, just don't open the door. There is nothing they can do unless you have a car of items outside which they suspect are yours. They can only enforce on the named address also. So just don't open the door and there is nothing they can do. Just ring them up (record the phone call) or write in recorded delivery and offer a payment plan on your terms not letting them get there way (be reasonable though, and say you would submit an expenditure form), if they argue about it say you will not open the door. To add he can technically seize anything he wants, but they have to belong to you, and it would be upto you to prove that it is owned by you. If you don't open up, and do everything by your terms they're stuffed.

Comment

Re: Marston Bailif - Warrant By the HMCTS

Originally posted by omgitsthebenson View Post
      Welcome to LB!
      Have you got a copy of the warrant, if so what type of warrant. VERY few warrants allow them to force entry so if you can blur your any personal details (Name, address, DOB etc) out and upload it I can see what I can recommend. Also, just don't open the door. There is nothing they can do unless you have a car of items outside which they suspect are yours. They can only enforce on the named address also. So just don't open the door and there is nothing they can do. Just ring them up (record the phone call) or write in recorded delivery and offer a payment plan on your terms not letting them get there way (be reasonable though, and say you would submit an expenditure form), if they argue about it say you will not open the door. To add he can technically seize anything he wants, but they have to belong to you, and it would be upto you to prove that it is owned by you. If you don't open up, and do everything by your terms they're stuffed.
      OP has been advised on another section

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X