• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowel Vanquis Debt - Partially Settled but something funny about the CRA entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowel Vanquis Debt - Partially Settled but something funny about the CRA entry

Stupidly, in 2013, I had a bonus from work and decided it was time to sort my credit file out and start clearing debts.

I stupidly spoke to Lowel and agreed 25% Partial Settlments on 5 accounts held by them. (I now know this was stupid as 2 of the debts were statute barred and also off my credit report anyway)

My credit file currently only has one Lowel record remaining to fall off, next April. I contacted Lowel last year as there was something strange about how the record was being reported.

Having tried to apply for finance again, to no avail I contacted the Company and asked the particular reason and this CRA record was what i was told:

Things that instantly stood out:
    • Opening Balance quoted as £522 on Callcredit record
    • No Account Number in Equifax record
    • Opening Balance quoted as £522 <- Obviously rthis should be 0 if it is a credit card
    • Credit Limit Blank????? Actual Limit £250
    • Worst Status being PS - I certainly think that isn't true. I never once paid the account and ran over the limit in month 1
    • Default Balance/Date quoted as £522 / 30 September 2011 - I know this again isn't true as the actual Default date was 20/May/11 and balance on that statment was £474.36
    • Account Status: Default??? Should this not reflect "Partially Settled"
    • Obviously the Report Until Date is wrong as the default date is wrong,

If you have a look at the Callcredit and Equifax History (top right), you'll see that before Aug 2012 there is NO DATA with regards the historic activity taken to build the balance to that figure.

Now I guess you know where I'm going with this. On other credit reports prior to August 2012 I have no mention of Vanquis or any account history.

I had also received a fully detailed history of the account, it's true default date and also the debt's sale date to Lowel.

I was wondering if you could give me a little more information on how to proceed.

• Where can I order historic archived credit reports about myself
    • I imagine I need to issue a SAR to Lowell
    • It's looking almost certain that these two records were created by the DCA and not the Original Owner (Vanquis).
      • Could someone offer me advice on the law regarding DCA's creating their own default records
      • I am disabled and have been trying to purchase an easy access viehcle, but based on this record it's causing me some serious issues.
      • Can you offer me any ideas of applicable compensation.

Also I will be reporting to the relevant industry body and be treating it like a personal attack on myself, and my character.

Any advice or thoughts???
    Tags: None

Re: Lowel Vanquis Debt - Partially Settled but something funny about the CRA entry

Not really the credit reporters fault. Its all based upon the company who submitted the information to them. So you would be best contacting Vanquis and seeing why they have entered that information, then appealing it on your credit reports. You can't order historic credit reports as they will all be different as companies do this automatically, only if there was a CCJ would you be able to get a copy. You can more than freely submit a SAR to lowell. There isn't really a huge law barrier around the laws on DCA's, except from the information must comply with the data protection act and to there best knowledge be up to date. In terms of compensation you can claim it would depend on how likely this defect in your credit report was in other unsuccessful applications that you applied for. Realistically you shouldn't bother to claim for any as the RIB will tell you if your entitled to any. May be tricky to get some through out of the companies. May wish to seek a solicitor's opinion. Hope I answered everything and if you need any further advice leave a reply
    Remember to thank for the post!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X