• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LCS and HMRC Tax Credit Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCS and HMRC Tax Credit Debt

Hi Peeps,

I need some help here and am still shaking after a conversation with LCS who are the debt collection company acting on behalf of HRMC Tax Credits.

Basically, HMRC have written to me saying that I have been overpaid tax credits every year for the last 5 years and want the money back (dont know how as they see my figures each year via my employers RTI submission and P60) but anyway.

I have disputed this overpayment with them and complained in line with the procedure that HRMC set out with their own website however they have not written back to me.

A follow up chase letter was sent over however it turned out that the account was handed over to LCS debt collections within 2 weeks of being initially told that there was an overpayment.

Another letter was sent to HMRC and a copy was sent to LCS via tracked special delivery saying that I didnt feel I was given the chance to complain in line with the HMRC policy etc and that I would like my issue looking at and if it turned out that an overpayment was made by my error then I would repay the balance over the same duration it was paid to me (5 years)

No responce from HMRC or LCS until a call today from a lady who was started off as being polite but then quickly became very threatening. She aknowledged that LCS had my letter but their policy was to not reply via letter and even though she aknowedge that the account was in dispute - LCS were instructed to still commence recovery action and I needed to make payments.

If my dispute was uphelp then I could apply for a refund of any money paid but the purpose of her call was clearly to get money.

Naturally I refused and said that my dispute was still with HRMC, she placed notes on the account and said that I needed to be aware of the consequences of the follow up actions .

Have I said the wrong thing and made things a zillion times worse or is this purely a smoke screen and debt collection scare tactics?

Please excuse any bad spelling or grammer, I wrote this as quickly as I could

Thanks

Scott
    Tags: None

Re: LCS and HMRC Tax Credit Debt

Only deal with HMRC in writing tracked post and ignore the debt collector

Comment

Re: LCS and HMRC Tax Credit Debt

Thanks, my conversation ended with LCS by me saying that i was dealing with HMRC direct..

Hopefully they will leave me alone and not sent the heavy guns to my door whilst I am work demanding £10k.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X