• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sales and deposit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales and deposit

Good Morning

I was hoping someone could help
    I sold 7 animals in May 2015 and received a deposit 2 days later but by after 2 contacts nothing for 4 months in the end we phoned the purchaser and asked did he want the heifers he said he was going to Australia no and sell away on December 24th i got an irate phone call looking deposit back i said no the deal was not completed and no deposit was due back
    now yesterday the purchaser has advised he will take me to court if i do not return deposit who is right and wrong ?
    Tags: None

Re: Sales and deposit

Was there anything in writing regarding the deposit and its return or forfeit if sale was not completed

Comment

No written contract all by shake of hand

Comment

Presumably you are a farmer (?) and this sale was by way of a business transaction(?) to another farmer (?) .
        Anything in writing as per Wales?

My initial reaction is that you keep the deposit, and if he issues court proceedings you enter a counter claim for the expense you had in feeding and caring for the animals for the extra time you were looking after them, and possibly compensation for not being able to sell the animals while they were reserved for him.
        Last edited by des8; 28th July 2016, 10:43:AM. Reason: crossed with response re handshake

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X