• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beware of paypal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of paypal

I for no valid reason than having a few disputed transactions, have had an account limitation put on my long running Paypal account.
    I was warned by certain retailers not to use paypal but I carried on and now I regret it and was thinking of closing my account soon.
    I got a warning so discussed it with paypal disputes who said they were surprised as I did not exactly have excessive disputes and it was not exactly 20 a month and I had nothing to worry about.
    I protested about the warning to the dept overseas and they just went and put a limitation on just for protesting. I then voiced my concern about this but didn't put in a formal appeal but they emailed me to say my email had been dismissed!!
    I HAD NOT APPEALED. IT seems the dept gets commission to limit a number of accounts a day.
    I then contacted disputes again and they asked for a review. But it was turned down they said I had several disputes since that warning, Which is strictly untrue I had one ongoing dispute before the warning and it was resolved after the warning so they really steamroller you with lies and misinformation, regardless of the truth.
    My only concern is they are holding up my refunds which are pending. This is illegal and unfair, they are doing this to earn interest on my money.
    Can I take this to a regulator or ombudsman as it seems paypal are above the law as they are based abroad?
    I would never recommend Paypal to anyone. Paypal are reprehensible and get away with some very unscrupulous behavior.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X