• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Maternity leave employment bridge for 401k

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maternity leave employment bridge for 401k

I was working for my employer for a year and 2 months before going on maternity leave June 1st, 2014. I returned to work on October 1st, 2014 part time. I came back to work full time on January 5th, 2015. In January of this year my employer initiated a 401k plan where they would match your contribution up to 3% of your salary if you had been employed there for over a year. They are stating I am not eligible for this because my employment date was January 5th, 2015 and the time that I worked there before that doesn't count because I left on maternity leave. Is this legal? I was never terminated and never signed any sort of termination leave paperwork.
    Tags: None

Re: Maternity leave employment bridge for 401k

Hi and welcome.
    From the terminology you use (401k plan) I assume you are based in the USA.
    This is a UK based forum, and it could well be that laws regarding maternity leave are different.
    In the uk we refer to Personal Pension Plans.
    I wish you well, but suggest you obtain advice locally.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X