• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rather disciminatory age criteria P.I.P

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather disciminatory age criteria P.I.P

I am 65 and will be having my PIP assessment soon after being on DLA for over 20 years.
    I fell into the age group of 16-64 in April 2013.

I note however that Northern Ireland are starting their PIP assessments this year but it doesn't state 16-64 from April 2013 but 2016.

Theerfore if I and many others were living in N.I then I would still be receiving DLA and not going through the stress and additional illness that PIP is causing.

As we are all part of the U.K this seems unfair and some discrimination here.

Any thoughts????
    Tags: None

Re: Rather disciminatory age criteria P.I.P

Hi there ...

On the Nidirect.gov.uk site, it states 'If you are aged 65 years or over on 20 June 2016 you will continue to receive DLA provided you continue to meet their eligibility criteria' and I assume that if you reached the age of 65 by the 20th June 2016, you will maintain your DLA claim, if I am reading that correctly. This specifies Northern Ireland claimants here.

Check the relevant page out for information :

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...ndence-payment

Comment

Re: Rather disciminatory age criteria P.I.P

Hi and welcome
      Policy in this area is devolved, so whilst Parliamentary policy is followed, in practice there are occasional anomalies
      Enjoy your retirement!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X