• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdrawn with bank help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overdrawn with bank help.

Originally posted by flicky1314 View Post
    @leclerc. Thank u but I don't do confrontation very well and I know I will just end up a blubbering wreck and agree to whatever they say .
    You're not confronting them, you are asking them for help and you have a plan as to how to pay the money back so you are going to them to say: 1) This is the problem: account overdrawn. 2) This is my solution to resolve this: ie schedule of payments to repay the amount owed. 3) How does that sound to you(bank person)?
    On the third part they might either say no or may suggest something else. ALWAYS ask for time to consider it and ask for a further appointment the next day and then you can discuss it here and we can suggest something. Remember, the bank have to deal with you with compassion and if you have to throw in a bit of financial hardship and The Lending Code then so be it .

A letter can be done with the same thing but in terms of trying to stop the charges leading to the debt being almost unaffordable then that is the first goal. For example, the bank could temporarily put an overdraft on your account to stop the charges and reduce it over time as the debt is paid off. Does that make sense?

Remember, you're not asking them to tell you what to do, you are saying here is my plan what do you think about this?

When you go in, do not sign for a loan or any form of packaged accounts, a simple temporary overdraft would be sufficient to stop the daily charges.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Re: Overdrawn with bank help.

[MENTION=8640]leclerc[/MENTION] I'll make an appointment see how it goes. I doubt they will give me an overdraft as my credit score not very good. I,m just worried the charges will spiral out of control. Thank you for the advice though X

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X