• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BW Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BW Legal

Good afternoon, I need help with BW Legal and Co.

I had a debt which was settled in March 2012 but then Lowell set these scumbags on me and are trying to get me pay the debt again, I have evidence regarding clearing the debt but BW say that, in fact look at this:

Reference:

Client Ref:

Original Client: Capital One

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXX

We thank you for your payment and are pleased to confirm the outstanding matter above has now been resolved.

Where applicable, your credit file will be updated accordingly to reflect that Payment in Full was paid on 30-03-2012, and this will show on your Credit File within 12 weeks.

If you previously paid us by standing order please contact your bank to cancel the standing order to ensure that no further payments are sent to us.

If your payment method was by Direct Debit or Continuous Payment Authority, where the payment was taken from your debit card, these will automatically be cancelled.

Should you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on quoting reference number

N.B. In the event that your payment fails to “clear” for any reason, collections contact (i.e. letters and calls) will recommence to discuss your circumstances.

Yours sincerely

I forwarded this onto BW but was told that this isn't enough evidence and I should send them more evidence like bank statements, I did get in touch with the debt collectors with whom I completed the debt and they told me that they had contacted Lowell and BW and were surprised to learn that BW had almost doubled the debt and they would contact them again! It also appears that Lowell managed to get a CCJ against me and added that they had received a payment from me which is just plain lies.
    Please help me get rid of these scumbags so I can restore my credit rating that is clean other than the aforementioned CCJ they somehow manged to get against me.

P.S.
    The client reference number is identical to both claims, the payed up and the dodgy.
    Last edited by Kati; 20th July 2016, 09:31:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: BW Legal

So you got a CCJ after you had settled the debt?

Was this a Default Judgment because you didn't respond to the summons since you knew, or believed, the debt to have been satisfied in full?

You refer to two court claims - why was that?

Who was the DCA which did the deal.

Di

Comment

I paid the the debt to a company called Mckenzie Hall (I think that was their name but I do have reference numbers associated with the claim) and this was paid as you can see in 2012 and Lowell tried claiming after the debt was completed (in fact I overpaid to the tune of £600 but got this repaid), this is why I ignored Lowell as I knew that the debt was paid in full but I don't understand how Lowell managed to restart the debt, as mentioned previously I spoke to the original DCA who had contacted Lowell twice to inform them that the debt was cleared but to no avail. I did speak to a representative of BW Legal and he confirmed that the client reference was the same but the email from the original was not sufficient as evidence.
      I am really confused and angry that they have managed to get a CCJ against my name with a debt that paid in full over 4 years ago, also Lowell tried to claim that I had paid £30 to them in 2012 which again is simply a lie which I can disprove with bank statements along with a phone call I had with my bank and Lowell are not even in my banking history.

Comment

Did you receive a summons from the county court which would have given you the opportunity to file a Defence saying the debt had been paid?

Di

Comment

I received what appeared to be a photocopy of something mentioning county court but it looked like a really poor imitation of an official letter, it didn't have a watermark or even a court logo. I did some checking online and found quite a few examples of the same quality letter and this lead me to believe that Lowell were trying it on. I am still at a loss however how the debt wasn't removed from my credit history as per the letter from the original DCA.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X