• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

notice of enforcement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• notice of enforcement

hi everyone,
    I need some help please,
    I have received a notice of enforcement for someone who hasn't lived at my home for 24 years. I have contacted them and explained, but they say some one will still visit my home.
    thank you
    gill x
    Tags: None

Re: notice of enforcement

Dear Sirs

I write with reference to your correspondence relating to .....................and further to my discussions with your company on ............. 2016 where i placed you on notice that the person being.............................. does not reside at my address and has not done so since ..........

You are not welcome to visit my home, you are not invited, and therefore you have no business at my property. I am not in any way indebted to you and therefore there is nothing to discuss. Should you attend my home i will call the police and ask their assistance to ensure that you are removed.

The person you are seeking does not live here, and i have no information about their whereabouts.

Yours sincerely
    I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

thank you
      gill x

Comment

youre welcome.

If the notice of enforcement youre referring to is a bailiffs notice then the bailiff can attend your home, as long as there is nothing belonging to the debtor at your home then there is nothing they can do although if they do gain access to your home and have a writ then you should not obstruct them instead call the police and ask them to attend.

Is the person registered at your home? On the electrol roll? or do they have any financial products linked to the address?
        I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

Comment

If the Bailiffs are coming surely there must have been something sent to the address concerning the debt or fine or whatever they are collecting?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            If the Bailiffs are coming surely there must have been something sent to the address concerning the debt or fine or whatever they are collecting?
            could be the Claimant only had an old address or that the Claimant has located this address as the last known address? there are many options, so it wouldnt be surprising that they have the wrong address really. Dont forget we see many claims on here which are served on the wrong address.

Comment

I had a letter from the court, I contacted them and told them this person hadn't lived her for 24 years and gave the forwarding address,
              I contacted the court two week latter they told me a payment plan had been set up for the person in question and know I have received this notice of enforcement from swift because payments havnt been made.
              I contacted swift explained all of this gave a forwarding address where I was told they were living and a works address.

There is no financial involvement and is not on the electoral list at this address.
              I have also recently received other mail from the vehicle licensing agency stating a direct debit for car tax had failed for a car that I know nothing about as I don't drive and this was for a different person.
              Thank you
              Gill x

Comment

With you mentioning Swift I assume this is for a Magistrates Court Fine. Enforcement Co's receive many letters claiming the defendant no longer lives at the property and they will visit to satisfy themselves you are indeed telling the truth. Have you notified the Court in writing you have no knowledge of this person?

Comment

I have only spoken t o them verbally
                  Gill x

Comment

I forgot to say the person involved was taken to court for a drifting face b c e candidate ordered to pay a fine,and gave my adress, although I live in the west midlands and this person lives in Llanelli Wales

- - - Updated - - -

Driving affence

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X