• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Gomez100 vs Howard Cohen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gomez100 vs Howard Cohen

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
    That's rather unfair in my opinion a loan can be challenged under the provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 , where as the OD cannot.

I still think though you could request the agreement for the loan now via a CCA request I am sure the neither the claimant nor the solicitors know the truth of this debt.

I need to check a few things before going deeper into this,.

Do you know which was the larger debt loan or OD?

I will get back to you poss Mon PM when I've got more.

nem
    [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION], Hi there, just wondering if you managed to come up with anything?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Gomez100 View Post
      @Nem, Hi there, just wondering if you managed to come up with anything?

Cheers
      Hello G,

Yes this type of consolidation it seem has been challenged before as being unfair I think it's worth writing to Cohen stating that you are unable to reconcile the amount claimed with any accounts you have held with the original creditor.

Also mention that you require a copy of the agreement for this " account " it will need a £1.00 postal order for the statutory fee.

I'd be happy to draft a letter for you but it will not be until this time tomorrow, just let me know.

nem

Comment

nem, your a star, If you would be as good as to draft the letter it would be much appreciated, tomorrow is fine as i have some time to file the questionaire.

Many Thanks

Comment

[MENTION=55034]nemesis45[/MENTION] bump

Comment

@nemesis45 bump
            Sorry for the delay G been a bit busy here and at home.

I 've got a draft just need to tidy it up then I'll be back.

nem

Comment

Sorry for the delay G been a bit busy here and at home.

I 've got a draft just need to tidy it up then I'll be back.

nem
              No worries at all , thanks

Comment

[MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION], ok , I sent off the dq, did you manage to tidy the letter up?
                Cheers

Comment

@Nem, ok , I sent off the dq, did you manage to tidy the letter up?
                  Cheers
                  Posted evening of Sept 6th G, Or at least I thought so but
                  n

Comment

[MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION], if you do get a chance to repost it I'd be grateful, I'm trying not to be a pest.

G

Comment

@Nem, if you do get a chance to repost it I'd be grateful, I'm trying not to be a pest.

G
                      Hello G

If the computer holds up ( just taken over an hour to get back in when it went down while I was posting I'll do it after dinner this evening .

I apologise for all the problems G.

nem

Comment

Hello Gomez,

The situation as I see it is that you have an alleged debt which appears to be an overdraft and a credit card consolidated by HSBC and to MKDP and then to Hoist Portfolio meaning that you cannot reconcile the amount with any account (s) yo may have had with HSBC.
                        The following can be sent to HSBC, Hoist and Cohen.

Date:

Ref: Alleged Debt Arising from an account with HSBC.
                        Subject to CC Claim No......................................
                        Issued By Howard Cohen on behalf of Hoist Portfolio.

Sir/ Madam

I refer to the above mention county court claim issued on..........................................: which is stated to be an overdraft with HSBC please note I do not acknowledge and such debt and I cannot reconcile the amount claimed with any account I have had with HSBC.

It is my belief that HSBC may have consolidated two separate accounts a current account and a credit card account if this so these accounts would have had separate agreements and terms and conditions, different interest rate would have been applied.

I therefore require copies of the individual agreements and terms and conditions relevant to the dates each accounts was opened and those applicable when the accounts were closed.

I am unable to reconcile when each account was defaulted and require information on the default dates for each account.
                        To this end I enclose the £1.00 statutory fee as required under the provisions of CCA 1974 for copies of the agreement for these accounts (Hoist and HSBC £2.00 total. HSBC £2.00

I am unable to fully answer the claim without sight of said documents

The contents of this letter will be brought to the attention of the court.

CC HSBC,
                        Howard Cohen
                        Hoist Portfolio.

This has been used with some success in the past no guarantees but worth the £4.00 I think.

nem

Comment

Hello G

If the computer holds up ( just taken over an hour to get back in when it went down while I was posting I'll do it after dinner this evening .

I apologise for all the problems G.

nem
                          No need for apologies nem, cheers for your efforts.

Comment

[MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION] thank you very much, can you just comfirm who I send this to?
                            I read it as HSBC get £2, Cihens £2 and hoist get a copy?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X