• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lost coat help please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost coat help please help

Hi long shot really I went to a pub had a few drinks and left but I forgot to take my coat which was left on a chair. Inside the coat pockets was my phone and a bracelet I had bought for my wife as a present. I remembered I had forgotten it the next day. I went back to pub then and it hadn't been handed in. The publican advised I contacted police which I did and got crime number. The police visited pub spoke to manager and got cctv, which I saw. It doesn't show me sitting in chair but shows my coat which sat there for sometime after I had left, till a man walked by and took it with him as he exited pub. The manager and staff saw cctv but said they did not recognise the thief, I don't dispute this. Do I have a claim against the publican for my coat and possessions.? Can I take him to small claims court? The police have no idea who took my coat, because the cctv wasn't clear thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Lost coat help please help

Hi and welcome

Sorry to hear of your loss, but no, you do not have a claimagainst the publican.
    He cannot be classed as a baillee, even involuntary if you just leave your coat lying around as possession never passed from you to him

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X