• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global

I had a claim issued to me again Arrow Global in October 2014 for an account they purchased from Citibank. The account was statue barred and I filed a defence on this basic within the time period in 2014. After I filed my defence, Arrow kept sending letters to say we can settle this as soon as possible but I ignored their letters.

I have not had any further correspondence from Arrow since December 2014 and no further correspondence from the Court and when I check moneyclaim online, all it has a record of is the summons, acknowledgement of service, and defence. Nothing else has been done since.

I am guessing they have no case to pursue and thus why the court has not proceeded with anything as they have failed to fill out instructions.

Will the court strike out the case as it will be 2 years in October since the summons was issued.

Many thanks and appreciate your help
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global

Good morning, welcome to LB.

If AG has not responded to your defence the court will have after 28 days from the date AG was served with your defence " stayed " the claim i.e. suspended it automatically, you are not informed when this happens.

A stay is indefinite and remains until either the claimant pays a fee to lift the stay and continues the claim or you apply to the court for the claim to be struck out (fee payable).

The best approach is to phone the court ( MCOL is not always up to date) and ask what the status of the claim is now.

If the claim is stayed then I would suggest writing to AG informing them that you intend to apply for the claim to be struck out at their cost as it appears they have no realistic prospect of taking the claim further.
    nem

Comment

ok, many thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi, I have just spoken to the Court and the case it stayed. I don't want to write to Arrow and stir a hornets nest but I guess if they have not done anything further in 19 months it is likely they will do anything now. The fee for the striking out is £100.00 but if I don't apply for this, it will mean the case is hanging forever basically.

Comment

Originally posted by cherrypie View Post
          Hi, I have just spoken to the Court and the case it stayed. I don't want to write to Arrow and stir a hornets nest but I guess if they have not done anything further in 19 months it is likely they will do anything now. The fee for the striking out is £100.00 but if I don't apply for this, it will mean the case is hanging forever basically.
          Yes a stay is indefinite.
          Try this

Arrow Global Ltd
          Litigation Dept.
          address as on claim form.

Date:

Ref: County Court Claim No........................Issued on............................Status Stayed.

Dear Sir /Madam,

I refer you to the above mentioned claim which has been stayed for more than 18 months as Arrow Global failed to respond to my defence.

I now suggest that Arrow Global discontinues the claim forthwith as it has no realistic prospect of taking this matter further and in the interest of saving further costs and court time.

Should Arrow Global decline to discontinue I give notice that I will apply to the court for the claim to struck out and seek the costs of the application from Arrow Global.
          I expect/require a response within 7 working days.
          your etc.

Alternative is to leave as is.

nem

Comment

brilliant. Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X