• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Form N9B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form N9B

I have just completed form N9B and have a question, I admit to xxxx amount of the claim not the whole claim and am counterclaiming for xxxx amount.
    Do I make a payment for xxxx amount minus the counterclaim or the whole amount of what I admit, or do I wait for the claimant to agree the admitted amount before making a payment
    Tags: None

Re: Form N9B

Have you sent it to the court yet?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
      Have you sent it to the court yet?
      No I have until Tuesday.

Comment

Is that the 14 day acknowledgement stage or the 28 day defence?
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Is that the 14 day acknowledgement stage or the 28 day defence?
          28 day defence due tuesday

Comment

You haven't left yourself much time.

Imho, if it were me, & with so many potential variables, I would just submit the partial defence & counterclaim, & sort out the payment when a definite amount has been settled.
            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

You haven't left yourself much time.

Imho, if it were me, & with so many potential variables, I would just submit the partial defence & counterclaim, & sort out the payment when a definite amount has been settled.
              Thank you. I will send the paper work and await an amount to be agreed

Comment

I believe for the counterclaim fee, payments to the court must be made a bit earlier than normal 4.00pm close of business (3.15pm or thereabouts - best check with the court, though)
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnyside
                  Are you counterclaiming for the same or a larger amount than you are admitting? Do bear in mind that any admission will result in a CCJ against you, at least for the amount you've admitted.
                  the initial claim I do not agree with, I agree part of the claim once evidence has been provided of the invoice amount which I believe to be xxxxx amount.
                  the counterclaim is approx. half of the amount I admit to.
                  the ccj againt me would be cancelled once payment is made within 30 days, or so I believe which I expect to pay if the amount of invoice can be proved.
                  I have paid payment for the counterclaim last week and have a receipted tracked for post for this.
                  My query was whether to deduct the counterclaim or pay what I believe the invoice should represent without any supporting evidence from the claimant.

thank for you all your advice, it really helps

Comment

Originally posted by Sunnyside
                    Yes, CCJs are wiped off the record if paid within one month, however, not everyone is able to do that, hence the warning. There's no need to pay for anything other than the claimant's court fee (for your counterclaim) as you have done, at this stage. The claimant may not agree with the amount you admit or your counterclaim, so there's still some way to go before this is fully resolved.
                    Thank you for you advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X